Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skills Assessment Passed!

Skills Assessment Passed!

Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:45 am
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills Assessment Passed!

Oh yes, its there.....the first part is in the bag.
Just had an email from George Lombard to say the ACS have passed my skills assessment and I've got the 60 point job title that I need.

Now we have to sit down and think how soon to send the visa application in. We know that we will have to post the bond to get the magical 120 points and that is a bit of a concern to us while we're trying to save up as much as we can for the other costs that are going to be involved in migrating.

We have to borrow the money for the bond against the equity in our house, and the recent repeated interest rate rises obviously have made that more expensive.

Any advice/suggestions regarding the bond? Does anyone know off the top of their head what the interest rate is that you get on the bond over the 12 months?

Cheers

Marko
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice
Default Re: Skills Assessment Passed!

Good luck with the rest of the processMarko.

We went through the same process almost a year ago with George and I know how nerve racking it is.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:54 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by phyonics
Just had an email from George Lombard to say the ACS have passed my skills assessment and I've got the 60 point job title that I need.

Now we have to sit down and think how soon to send the visa application in. We know that we will have to post the bond to get the magical 120 points and that is a bit of a concern to us while we're trying to save up as much as we can for the other costs that are going to be involved in migrating.

We have to borrow the money for the bond against the equity in our house, and the recent repeated interest rate rises obviously have made that more expensive.

Any advice/suggestions regarding the bond? Does anyone know off the top of their head what the interest rate is that you get on the bond over the 12 months?

Cheers

Marko
Hi Marko,

Good luck with the rest of the visa application!!!

Shel
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

jaxowen will become famous soon enoughjaxowen will become famous soon enough

hey mark
congrats on skills assessment, - if you go to south australia on an SIR visa you only need 110 points so you wouldn't need the bond, (i think the bond is only worth 5 points).
any way good luck
jax

Originally Posted by phyonics

Cheers

Marko
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:11 am
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaxowen
hey mark
congrats on skills assessment, - if you go to south australia on an SIR visa you only need 110 points so you wouldn't need the bond, (i think the bond is only worth 5 points).
any way good luck
jax
thanks Jax, but we're heading for Melbourne (probably) and applying on a skilled independant visa.

Marko
Old Aug 17th 2004, 10:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

PR is worth so much more compared to the SIR visa that anyone who can make the bond investment to get to 120 should do so.

Rates paid reflect market rates on AUD deposits. Check with the state treasuries, the details are all in the Skilled Migration Booklet.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by jaxowen
hey mark
any way good luck
jax