Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skilled Visa application - Locksmith

Skilled Visa application - Locksmith

Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

pauldw100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Visa application - Locksmith

Hi all. I am thinking of trying to emmigrate to Aus by form of skilled visa. I have been working at a locksmith for about 4 years, but have no qualifications in this field. There is also NO qualifications to obtain in the UK as a locksmith, and wonder how this will affect my application.

I am under the impression I will need to satisfy someone that I can work in this field, and maybe prove how long, does anyone know how this is all done ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on this matter :-)
Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:39 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Skilled Visa application - Locksmith

Originally posted by pauldw100
Hi all. I am thinking of trying to emmigrate to Aus by form of skilled visa. I have been working at a locksmith for about 4 years, but have no qualifications in this field. There is also NO qualifications to obtain in the UK as a locksmith, and wonder how this will affect my application.

I am under the impression I will need to satisfy someone that I can work in this field, and maybe prove how long, does anyone know how this is all done ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on this matter :-)
This could be bad news to you..as I dont know what kinda rush your in to go...In this sort of case(which mine was very similar)you have to have had 6 years experience...the someone you have to satisfy is the TRA....The proof is an essay written by yourself thoroughly explaining your job,how you do it,what tools you use..to satisfy them you know what you are talking about...and a statement to that effect from your employer also..best thing you can do is down load the application form and read it and the notes at the beginning of it so you can see what your up against...plus book 6..skilled immigration guideline notes..
ok...
Old Apr 27th 2004, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

brisbane bronco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Visa application - Locksmith

Just reading your note and I don't know if you are suited yet but I have a locksmith business in Brisbane and are always willing to talk to locksmiths who are looking for a job. If you are still seeking then do contact me.

If you are a locksmith and are reading this later, still contact me. If I can't take you on I may be able to pont you in the right direction to someone who can.

BB
Old May 17th 2004, 5:12 am
Just Joined

pauldw100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thx BB, nice one :-) I've had PC trouble for what seems like forever, but am back now. Our plans to jump ship have been put on the back burner, but may very well give you a shout when the time comes.

Cheers

Paul.