Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

skill assessment docs

skill assessment docs

Old Apr 21st 2004, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default skill assessment docs

Have downloaded relvant form for skills assessment for TRA for hubby, just wondering what sort of things we can send to them as he is self employed. Will his company reg do, and letters from previous clients, only is says they have to be certified, what does that mean.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Re: skill assessment docs

Originally posted by midge04
Have downloaded relvant form for skills assessment for TRA for hubby, just wondering what sort of things we can send to them as he is self employed. Will his company reg do, and letters from previous clients, only is says they have to be certified, what does that mean.
Hi Midge,
My husband is also self employed and we did our TRA assessment in Feb and got a positive result in 9 days!!
My advice to you is give as much information as possible. Here's the list of what we sent:
Letter and reference from where he served his apprenticeship and certificates
Letter of business registration
Business card
2 years accounts
Letter from accountant
3 letters of reference from clients
3 letters from suppliers stating that he purchases from them and an average of his yearly spend
Reference from old employers before he went self employed (there can be no gaps in his employment record)
Birth cert
4 passport photos
Detailed affidavit stating exactly what his business is, what he does on a daily basis, what tools he uses for his profession, etc. I believe this is the most important item - you have too give a huge amount of detail, imagine that the person reading it has no clue of what your husband does and you are explaining it from scratch. It sounds a bit anal but they want everything for example how you load up your van in the morning, etc. Allow yourselves loads of time to write this up and get some-one independant to read over and see if it all makes sense.

Every document you send must be a certified copy of the original document so you need to get a solicitor (there is a list of who can certify docs on website) to sign and stamp every copy stating that it is a copy of the original. As you need to send certified copies again with main application get 2 copies of everything signed at same time. Photos have to be signed at back and affidavit must be witnessed and signed.

This is the hardest part of the application as you have to chase loads of people and get it just right. I know feel I could do my husbands job I worked so hard on this.

Give us a shout if you need more info,
Best of luck
CK
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Blimey sounds more complicated than the actual application form. Do solicitors charge you to signe certificates and stuff.

Thanks for the help
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 12:13 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally posted by midge04
Blimey sounds more complicated than the actual application form. Do solicitors charge you to signe certificates and stuff.

Thanks for the help
Yes you have to pay to have every one signed. I think it can range from 5 pound upwards to have them signed.
also it has to be signed by the solicitor him self not his p.a assistant. make sure he prints his name, company and address on the form as well.

Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:35 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CK2B
Hi Midge,
My husband is also self employed and we did our TRA assessment in Feb and got a positive result in 9 days!!
My advice to you is give as much information as possible. Here's the list of what we sent:
Letter and reference from where he served his apprenticeship and certificates
Letter of business registration
Business card
2 years accounts
Letter from accountant
3 letters of reference from clients
3 letters from suppliers stating that he purchases from them and an average of his yearly spend
Reference from old employers before he went self employed (there can be no gaps in his employment record)
Birth cert
4 passport photos
Detailed affidavit stating exactly what his business is, what he does on a daily basis, what tools he uses for his profession, etc. I believe this is the most important item - you have too give a huge amount of detail, imagine that the person reading it has no clue of what your husband does and you are explaining it from scratch. It sounds a bit anal but they want everything for example how you load up your van in the morning, etc. Allow yourselves loads of time to write this up and get some-one independant to read over and see if it all makes sense.

Every document you send must be a certified copy of the original document so you need to get a solicitor (there is a list of who can certify docs on website) to sign and stamp every copy stating that it is a copy of the original. As you need to send certified copies again with main application get 2 copies of everything signed at same time. Photos have to be signed at back and affidavit must be witnessed and signed.

This is the hardest part of the application as you have to chase loads of people and get it just right. I know feel I could do my husbands job I worked so hard on this.

Give us a shout if you need more info,
Best of luck
CK
Hi CK,

Wonder if you can help me.

We are in the middle of doing our TRA assessment form. We have nearly got all the relevant information but would like to ask how you went about your affidavit.

Did you get a solicitor to type up your statement or did you do it yourself and get the solicitor to witness it.

Just not quite sure of the exact protocol required.

Thanks very much for any help you can give me.

Janine
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:53 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hi CK,

Wonder if you can help me.

We are in the middle of doing our TRA assessment form. We have nearly got all the relevant information but would like to ask how you went about your affidavit.

Did you get a solicitor to type up your statement or did you do it yourself and get the solicitor to witness it.

Just not quite sure of the exact protocol required.

Thanks very much for any help you can give me.

Janine
hi janine

you type it up yourself and then get the solicitor to witness it. try doing a search for 'statutory declaration' on the website, and you might get some more help.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:09 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi janine

you type it up yourself and then get the solicitor to witness it. try doing a search for 'statutory declaration' on the website, and you might get some more help.
I have done a search on Google but it came up with stuff from Oz and also from trans-gender websites!!

I didn't know if it would be ok just to type up yourself or whether you would need someone to do it for you.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
I have done a search on Google but it came up with stuff from Oz and also from trans-gender websites!!

I didn't know if it would be ok just to type up yourself or whether you would need someone to do it for you.
I have a copy of a typical stat dec on my computer at home. I will e-mail a copy across on monday of next week if that will help, as I'm away from home at the moment I can't send it any earlier.

I do work for a solicitor so he gave it to me.

PM me your e-mail if this will be okay!