Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals just wondering........

medicals just wondering........

Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of
Default medicals just wondering........

We have our medicals booked for Monday the 31st October and just down loaded the relevant forms,can someone please tell me how honest have you got to be with these forms,i was in hospital a few years ago,but i cant remember the exact dates,or even what it was they called it that was wrong with me.any advice.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals just wondering........

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
We have our medicals booked for Monday the 31st October and just down loaded the relevant forms,can someone please tell me how honest have you got to be with these forms,i was in hospital a few years ago,but i cant remember the exact dates,or even what it was they called it that was wrong with me.any advice.
If you are dishonest and don't disclose any medical issues on the forms and something crops up at a later stage, or there is reason for DIMIA to doubt your medical history, then effectively they can take back the visa permit and you could find yourself on a plane back home. I'd ask yourselves if it is worth it?

To be honest, providing you have no ongoing medical problems that are ongoing and will cost mega bucks..then you can be fairly certain you will pass. It's for this reason I personally would tell the truth.

It's worth peace of mind

Good luck...and don't worry
Old Oct 27th 2005, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

We asked our doctors to provide copies of our medical records. They did this for free as well. All hospital visits will be detailed in those.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Hi

we couldn't remember exact dates just put down approximates but put all medical issues down.

Hope that helps

Tracy
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:11 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Agree with the others, be as honest as possible, exact dates are not really that important. Unless you have a serious ongoing medical condition, you will be fine. I have had a major op, and one of my daughters had a medical condition for years some time ago and we all passed with no probs.
If possible and if needed get any letters needed from your consultant not your doctor, they carry more weight.
Good luck, and stop worrying
Carole x
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:52 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Be honest!!! Our friend who has her visa granted answered yes to everything and had no probs.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:50 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

You can always give your GP a quick ring and ask them to look in your records when you were in hospital and what for.

Good luck