Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Transit Hotel. Anyone been here?

Singapore Transit Hotel. Anyone been here?

Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:26 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Singapore Transit Hotel. Anyone been here?

Have just learnt that you dont clear customs and immigration and just walk upstairs.

Your bags go round the carousel until the baggage guys take it off to the lost luggage when you claim it later.

Has anyone done this and did it all go smoothly

cheers

al
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Transit Hotel. Anyone been here?

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Have just learnt that you dont clear customs and immigration and just walk upstairs.

Your bags go round the carousel until the baggage guys take it off to the lost luggage when you claim it later.

cheers

al

Yep, we stayed there. We booked for 12 hours of the 18 we were waiting between flights.

I can recommend it, we had a great sleep in a really comfy bed. There were tea and coffee making stuff in the room and a TV. Shower, bath etc.

We booked our luggage straight through to Australia, so there was no waiting for it or letting it go round the carousel Just pack a bag with a change of clothes etc
Old Apr 7th 2007, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Lots and lots of times - it's so easy. It's definitely no frills- and don't book a budget room in terminal one they smell of mould as they're under the pool - but I stay there whenever I'm transitting through singapore and it actually is now an integral part of my trip - I feel I'm on holiday when i get there!!.

I've also done the 'don't pick up your luggage thing' twice with no hitch. We were flying singapore airlines and you just head out of terminal two immigration, go into their office just left of the baggage carousels, show them your luggage tag and your bag arrives in about five minutes. The first time I stuck a big note on it saying 'this bag is not lost, I'm in the transit hotel', last time I forgot to even put my name on it and it was all fine.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 8:37 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by briwi
Lots and lots of times - it's so easy. It's definitely no frills- and don't book a budget room in terminal one they smell of mould as they're under the pool - but I stay there whenever I'm transitting through singapore and it actually is now an integral part of my trip - I feel I'm on holiday when i get there!!.

I've also done the 'don't pick up your luggage thing' twice with no hitch. We were flying singapore airlines and you just head out of terminal two immigration, go into their office just left of the baggage carousels, show them your luggage tag and your bag arrives in about five minutes. The first time I stuck a big note on it saying 'this bag is not lost, I'm in the transit hotel', last time I forgot to even put my name on it and it was all fine.
I have tried to book this transit hotel on line and a week later still no reply, did u wait till u got there to book it or advance book the room. I have booked flights via aus travel and they adv cannot book for me!

Any advice, will need a room as 2 adults 3 children and 17 hrs till connecting flight!

paula
Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:59 am
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula&lee
I have tried to book this transit hotel on line and a week later still no reply, did u wait till u got there to book it or advance book the room. I have booked flights via aus travel and they adv cannot book for me!

Any advice, will need a room as 2 adults 3 children and 17 hrs till connecting flight!

paula
tryt again and check your junk mail folder, they took about a week to get back to me or phone them. . look for changi transit hotel in google

al
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:52 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

tryt again and check your junk mail folder, they took about a week to get back to me or phone them. . look for changi transit hotel in google

al
thanks will do

Does say tho advance booking 3-4 weeks and it was 6 weeks when enquired so will leave another week
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:09 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

al
Hi Al,

yes, it's correct that you don't clear customs and immigration. You just walk upstairs to the hotel.

But you do not get your luggage. That's checked straight through from the UK to Oz.

We've stayed in the transit hotel and had a good night's sleep. It's a bit like a Travelodge, i.e. basic but it has everything you need for a one night stay.

Gina
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:21 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi Al,

yes, it's correct that you don't clear customs and immigration. You just walk upstairs to the hotel.

But you do not get your luggage. That's checked straight through from the UK to Oz.

We've stayed in the transit hotel and had a good night's sleep. It's a bit like a Travelodge, i.e. basic but it has everything you need for a one night stay.

Gina
hiya gina

how did u book hotel?
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

ludikras is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are travelling by Singapore Airways, ask them to arrange it for you. In some cases, it is already part of the travel arrangements.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi Al,

Gina

Hi gina, trouble is we are going to thsailand for a week and want to take 1 suitcase nd leave one in left luggage for the week we are in thailand for a hol so we dont want them checked straight through

Has anyone done this?

Have just spoke to them at the airport in left luggage and its about £10 per caser per week if this helps anyone

Al
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ludikras
If you are travelling by Singapore Airways, ask them to arrange it for you. In some cases, it is already part of the travel arrangements.

Thanks

I will

Al.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by paula&lee
hiya gina

how did u book hotel?
http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/reservation.htm

Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1Tel: (65) 6542 5538 Fax: (65) 6542 5537Reservation Tel No: (65) 6541 9106 / 9107
(65) 6541 9115 / 9116
Reservation Fax No:
(65) 6542 6122
Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1Tel: (65) 6542 5538 Fax: (65) 6542 5537Reservation Tel No: (65) 6541 9106 / 9107
(65) 6541 9115 / 9116
Reservation Fax No:
(65) 6542 6122

I emailed them, they sent back a response saying they will respond as soon as poss as they are very busy at the mo

then they sent one back confirming a week or 2 later

id phone them if i were you, they are 24 hrs so dont bother with time difference
numbers above
al

Last edited by alkristensen; Apr 7th 2007 at 3:11 pm.