Bread

Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice
Default Bread

Hi Guys, Whats the bread like?
We have a home in Florida and have spent an average of two months each year there. It took us weeks to find some bread that was simular to that in the UK. Most American bread is expencive, full of air and sweet so how is the bread in Aus?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bread

Originally Posted by 2ndchancebritts
Hi Guys, Whats the bread like?
We have a home in Florida and have spent an average of two months each year there. It took us weeks to find some bread that was simular to that in the UK. Most American bread is expencive, full of air and sweet so how is the bread in Aus?
All tastes the same to me...............its a bit pricey though!!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice2ndchancebritts is just really nice

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
All tastes the same to me...............its a bit pricey though!!
A bit pricey DOUGH!!!
Seriously Dough, how much for a loaf?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 2ndchancebritts
A bit pricey DOUGH!!!
Seriously Dough, how much for a loaf?
You can get the real 'cheapy' stuff for about $1.80, but generally around the $3 mark. I think its a bit pricey............others might think I am just a tight arse!!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

$2 to $3 that's not too bad, about the same price as the UK and cheaper than the nasty stuff in the US.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

You can lots of different breads if you go to bakers - sour-doughs, rye, Challah, etc, etc, etc - as well as 'normal' loaves in the supermarkets.

Well, you can in Melbourne.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Supermarket bread is generally shite. Plenty of Bakers though and their bread is better although more expensive.

Get a breadmaker and make your own.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Supermarket bread is generally shite. Plenty of Bakers though and their bread is better although more expensive.

Get a breadmaker and make your own.
For Supermarket sliced bread, have you tried Helgas or Noble Rise - they're really nice
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:03 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
For Supermarket sliced bread, have you tried Helgas or Noble Rise - they're really nice
Is it worth taking my own breadmaker across?

Kim
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by asher

Kim
Not if you're coming to Melbourne ...where there are lots of bakers and different sorts of bread.

It is a bit more expensive, so I suppose if you have a large hungry family, then maybe, but otherwise it's not worth the bother.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:25 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Kim
Wouldn't move anywhere without my breadmaker! - even if the local bread was lovely i would still want to make at least some bread myself. cant beat that hot just out of the oven/breadmaker taste!
Plus you can be a lot more careful what you put in your bread - i use a lot less salt than even the low salt recipes suggest!

Tiggs
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:42 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Not if you're coming to Melbourne ...where there are lots of bakers and different sorts of bread.

It is a bit more expensive, so I suppose if you have a large hungry family, then maybe, but otherwise it's not worth the bother.
Will be going to Sydney.

I like exotic breads and so does my family I use lots of seeds and herbs. favourite is sun dried tomato and parmesan or pumpkin and sunflower seeds.

I have two teenage sons which equates to a horde of locusts

Kim
Old Apr 6th 2007, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

We have decided to take instruction from my mom and if all else fails bake our own, thanks mom
Old Apr 6th 2007, 7:51 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Kim
Im taking mine. C x
Old Apr 6th 2007, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Im taking mine. C x
Hi C
Ah but your breadmaker is your OH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.