Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore airport terminals???

Singapore airport terminals???

Old May 24th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Singapore airport terminals???

Hi just wondering if anyone knows the terminals at singapore airport.

We are getting into terminal 3 and tried to book into the transit hotel for a kip but they are full so have booked us into terminal 1 - is this a trek?
having never been before I know not the logistics of this.

Dont want it more hassel than its worth having 3 very tired sproglets in tow.

Thanks anyone who can help.
Old May 24th 2008, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

AussieinDubai will become famous soon enoughAussieinDubai will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Singapore airport terminals???

All terminals are not very far from each other and whilst I have not been to T3, I would think that like T2, there is a skytrain which will link T1 and T3 and it should not be more than a 5 minute ride

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/..._transfer.html - for more info

Last edited by AussieinDubai; May 24th 2008 at 1:09 pm. Reason: Added website
Old May 24th 2008, 1:12 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AussieinDubai
All terminals are not very far from each other and whilst I have not been to T3, I would think that like T2, there is a skytrain which will link T1 and T3 and it should not be more than a 5 minute ride

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/..._transfer.html - for more info
T3 to T2/T1 is a sky train that takes 5 minutes maximum. Last time I did it the train door was exactly opposite my arriving flight gantry - so its v.easy you should be fine. In fact im sure the kids will love the train ride on the monorail thing.

By the way - you do not exit customs, you do not exit anything - before jumping onthe skytrain - stay oon the "air" side of the airport. if you go out through customs (which you probably wont need to do at all ) you have to get buses to transfer between terminals.
Old May 24th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic thanks guys - karma sent to you both
Old May 24th 2008, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

secondarylab will become famous soon enoughsecondarylab will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Fantastic thanks guys - karma sent to you both
Brace for the humidity! I just returned from Singapore/Malaysia. Other than that, you'll have a fantastic time!
Old May 24th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you - we are only there 8 hours - hopefully 6 of those will be sleeping so we wont actually be leaving the airport
Old May 24th 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

I took the skytrain between terminals, it was about 2 mins! The new terminal is lovely, I am sure you will have a great time!
Old May 24th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

GaznEm is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Singapore airport terminals???

Hi, the same thing happened to us, it was fully booked and we had to go to the other transit hotel. It was all very easy with the signs and sky train.
Old May 24th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

opps was told we didn't have to pre-book , better get on the phone

what happens with your luggage , do you have to get it , we are also staying there for about 8 hours.
Old May 25th 2008, 8:13 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weez75

what happens with your luggage , do you have to get it , we are also staying there for about 8 hours.
If you do travel with kids and have a wait -there is.. a free cinema [ like a home movie theatre ] , free playstations3/xbox360 and a small cafe type thing up on 1st floor at one end of the terminal - I forget which end, but its worth checking out. there is also a gym and a paid lounge (30SGD for a few hours of free tea/coffee and snacks and stuff). its kinda out of the way - i thinkit may actually be opposite the transit hotel at the end of the terminal.

You wont be reclaiming your luggage - it will be checked through to your final destination.
Old May 25th 2008, 10:17 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

We travelled with 4 kids, and we had 16hrs in Changi, it is an awesome airport.

We spent a few hours in the airport pool, and we then went on the free singapore tour, but i dnt think you will have enought time for the tour but the pool is well worth it.

You cnt prepare yourself for the heat it was unreal, we landed at 7.30 am and it was 29 deg.

but the airport is amazing really chilled out, total opposite of HR.

Enjoy your trip.

XX
Old May 25th 2008, 10:20 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weez75

your luggage stays with the plane and gets transferred automatically, your hand luggage you can book into like a lock up place it aint too expensive and it saves carrying around with you, just carry the important stuff.

Wireless internet in Changi too.

Last edited by Katsmajics other half !!!; May 25th 2008 at 10:21 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 25th 2008, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
your hand luggage you can book into like a lock up place it aint too expensive and it saves carrying around with you, just carry the important stuff.
Does anyone know more about this? We are staying for 2 nights so I was hoping to take one suitcase with us the the hotel and leave the rest at the airport. Is this possible? Any info would be appreciated.
Old May 25th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

As far as I know you can rent a locker. See the below link:

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/...age_claim.html
Old May 25th 2008, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Thanks for that. I'll check it out. Hopefully save us having to drag 8 (min)suitcases to Singapore and back.