Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I just found a real gem of a website!

I just found a real gem of a website!

Old May 25th 2008, 9:16 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default I just found a real gem of a website!

I was just browsing removal firms to find somebody to come out and give me a quote on taking all my worldly posessions to Aus with us, and I came accross this website!
http://www.johnmason.com

You can go on there and do an online quote for all your stuff! Whether you want to take the whole house or just a few boxes, it will help you sort it all out. The really good bit is that it will show the cost of replacement and the cost of shipping, so as you go you can discard anything that doesn't make economical sense to take!
Have a look if you just want to know how much it will cost to ship your stuff, it's a great tool... and costs nothing but your time!

Ali x
Old May 25th 2008, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I just found a real gem of a website!

Thanks Ali - that's really great!
Old May 25th 2008, 10:11 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

That site is FAB! Just done an online quote, I quoted over what I thought we would be taking & the quote was FAB FAB FAB!
Thanks
Old May 25th 2008, 11:52 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

I cant remember who it was on here but they used this company and posted a thread on them, they seem very good, ill try and find the thread.
Old May 25th 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

I've had them out to my house and they're brill. Have decided to go with them too, prices competitive and they've had good reviews on here.
Old May 25th 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I tried this too but when I actually got a proper quote from them on the basis of cubic feet etc, it was twice the amount from the online quote
And when I did the online quote, I over estimated on everything just to make sure so really not sure where the difference comes from?

By the way, Ali, how are you doing?
Not seen you on here in ages

Sam
Old May 25th 2008, 12:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I used that site before I called them and a couple of others in. The quote was nearly spot on in our case. We found them excellent all the way through. There are some who didn't but you won't find a shipper that gets 100% positive feedback.
Old May 25th 2008, 2:12 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
I was just browsing removal firms to find somebody to come out and give me a quote on taking all my worldly posessions to Aus with us, and I came accross this website!

You can go on there and do an online quote for all your stuff! Whether you want to take the whole house or just a few boxes, it will help you sort it all out. The really good bit is that it will show the cost of replacement and the cost of shipping, so as you go you can discard anything that doesn't make economical sense to take!
Have a look if you just want to know how much it will cost to ship your stuff, it's a great tool... and costs nothing but your time!

Ali x
aahh yes .... these guys never got in touch with me after they said they would .

hope you have better luck
Old May 25th 2008, 2:14 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Credit again to SS

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522380
Old May 25th 2008, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

I'd search the forum on these guys.Good and bad comments like many other shippers.
Friends of ours used them and had a nightmare..still haven't had their insurance claim sorted 1 year on .............
Old May 25th 2008, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Ali x
Ta for the link

Anyone any idea how big a carton is??????
Old May 25th 2008, 5:15 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Ta for the link

I was wondering that too!
If you look in the packing gallery on www.pssremovals.com it gives you an idea of the size but not the measurements.

Last edited by tawkins1; May 25th 2008 at 5:21 pm.
Old May 25th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Ta for the link

Wondered the same thing too. Excellent site though, thanks!
Old May 25th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Ali x
brilliant thanks, i was wondering where to start, and this is it
Old May 25th 2008, 6:24 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

tea chests arent as big as they sound ... usually 18inchesx18x24

http://www.bigbrownbox.co.uk/acatalo...ING_BOXES.html

... gives a basic idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.