Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines USB Port ?

Singapore Airlines USB Port ?

Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice
Default Singapore Airlines USB Port ?

This is for any of you who has flown on the LHR-SIN route on the A380.

Apparently, there is a USB port for chargin ipods etc....

I am wanting to know if I can load up a USB memory stick with episodes of our children's favourite programmes (spongebob !) and be able to play it back on the in-flight entertainment system ?

Thanks
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:35 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Airlines USB Port ?

I think it's only for photos and docs. Not sure though.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:35 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

This may help

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ainment/pc.jsp

The Geek thinks you may need to be clever with your format, e.g., .avi files.

Hope that means something to you
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colonel
This is for any of you who has flown on the LHR-SIN route on the A380.

Apparently, there is a USB port for chargin ipods etc....

I am wanting to know if I can load up a USB memory stick with episodes of our children's favourite programmes (spongebob !) and be able to play it back on the in-flight entertainment system ?

Thanks
I think that it does not have a power facility - only data.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

You can watch films that are on an ipod or iphone, as I was watching things on my iphone on the screen on the way over last time. Not sure about memory sticks though.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon mp4 is probably the best format to use then.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

Great thanks...avi and mpeg4 it is then
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

We did the portable dvd thang....
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eddie007
We did the portable dvd thang....
That's so 2007
Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think that it does not have a power facility - only data.
I charged my iPhone via it, and watched films on that.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

The only problem with loading up a usb with movies is surely you might be asked to prove you own them, or that they are legitimate.

Sure its unlikely customs would stop you, but what if they did and found all these dodgy films. Sounds risky just to watch a few movies?