Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi, Newbie here.

Hi, Newbie here.

Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Sideshow86 is just really niceSideshow86 is just really niceSideshow86 is just really niceSideshow86 is just really niceSideshow86 is just really niceSideshow86 is just really niceSideshow86 is just really niceSideshow86 is just really nice
Default Hi, Newbie here.

Hi all. Thinking seriously now about emigrating to Oz now so I thought this would be a good place to start.

I know a few people who have done it and have not looed back. Ive never been to Oz. Mainly due to not being able to afford it, however out of the countries myself and my wife have looked into it seems like the best option for us.

We are not looking to do this straight away. Probably looking at the start of 2016... sooo far away

Anyway the date coincides when I finish my contract with my job. I'm 25 and a current serving member of the RAF and a couple of friends have succesfully transferred to the RAAF. So hopefully there will be a job at the other end for me.

My wife is 24 and she is also a current serving member of the RAF... well for the next 3 months anyway, then she is out into civvy street and learning to train to become a nurse. She will finish her training in August 2014. So this should tie in nicely when I also leave the RAF. Fingers crossed anyway.

Any advice will be greatly apreciated. Ive started looking round but it all seems complicated. I'm sure it isnt, i'm probably just trying to look into it all too much at once.

Anyway. Enough rambling from me. Hope to hear from you soon.

Chris & Jacqui.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:58 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Hi, Newbie here.

2016 is a long way off in the scheme of things, and many things may change by then, but I reckon nurses will still be on a list of those required here.

Good luck though in the years to come.

Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Looks a bit daunting to start with but familiarity comes naturally in the main.

Just browse and read and read some more. Surprising how much info you'll pick up that way even on things that wouldn't normally enter your head.

Oh and welcome.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

5 and 10 year plans... Stops aimless wandering... Love em..... Nurses are in demand today, cant see that reLly changing... Tho having said that i couldnt imagine an exchange rate like we have today

Hopefully the exchange rate will be back to normal and the nursing situation will remain the same...

Good luck
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The first and main thing before you do anything is ask yourself why you want to come to Oz. A country you have never been to.

A lot of people seem to think that it is a garden of eden, but it has its negatives as will as its positives.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well there's obviously no point in checking out visas at the moment, who knows what DIAC will want in five years time. What you can do is research research research the different states/territories; decide on what climate would suit you best, whether you're looking for beach, city, country, etc. If you can, you should also try and get a decent length holiday out here. It won't help with the feeling of actually living here but it could tell you straight off that you wouldn't be happy here and then not have to worry about the place at all. It could also tell you that you'd love it but most of us love holidays anyway so....

Oh and welcome aboard.