Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines A380

Singapore Airlines A380

Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:45 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Singapore Airlines A380

Has anyone been on this plane? I am now looking at the 10.10pm take off from Heathrow, land at 6pm in Slingers. Take off Slingers at 9pm, land in Brisbum at 7.30pm. £700.00 one way, any thoughts?

By the way;

Booking Flexi, what does this mean if i chnage dates or cancel??

Always and forever Keith?
Attached Thumbnails Singapore Airlines A380-untitled1.jpg  
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:47 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Airlines A380

Check out this thread for info on the A380.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=a380

Flexi means that if you cancel before departure you will be charged £100 per person.
You can also change your booking but there may be charges. Best to check on the SIA website.

Last edited by Juliecabs; Jun 26th 2009 at 1:55 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

BallBoy will become famous soon enough

Just got back to Sydney on it today.
Its very nice but still the same as all other planes once you get inside except a bit cleaner and appears more spacious, but leg room in economy is similar to most others.
We got on board a 747 for the final leg and that seemed dated in comparison.

My advise would be to try and get on the upper deck if flying economy as its not as populated so queues for toilets are shorter and there are less screaming kids.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:03 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BallBoy
Just got back to Sydney on it today.
Its very nice but still the same as all other planes once you get inside except a bit cleaner and appears more spacious, but leg room in economy is similar to most others.
We got on board a 747 for the final leg and that seemed dated in comparison.

My advise would be to try and get on the upper deck if flying economy as its not as populated so queues for toilets are shorter and there are less screaming kids.

Cheers Guys,

When you book you can pick your seats, whats the best seats on the upper deck, seat No's, can you pick upper deck, then economy?

Also Booking Flexi, the £100.00 quoted, what does it mean?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:43 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Keith,
Go onto www.seatguru.com and on the left hand side of the page look for Singapore Airlines. It will bring up a list of aircraft. Click on A380. You will see Main Deck (where most of that level are Economy) and Upper Deck where rows 71-82 are Economy. We sat in Upper Deck 79 H/K where there are only 2 seats beside each other. It's a row at the back so you can recline your seat without bugging the people behind you. And these seats also have storage beside you which saves putting it under the seat in front.
On Singapore Air you can do online check-in 24 hours before departure, so try and get these seats if you can.

As far as Flexi tickets are concerned, usually the cheaper the ticket the more restrictions there are. The £100 I mentioned earlier is the cost per person if you decide to cancel your flight details before you travel. Try phoning Singapore Airlines on 0844 8002380 to speak to someone to give you all the info you need.

Julie.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Has anyone been on this plane? I am now looking at the 10.10pm take off from Heathrow, land at 6pm in Slingers. Take off Slingers at 9pm, land in Brisbum at 7.30pm. £700.00 one way, any thoughts?

By the way;

You have not said when you plan to fly, at sometimes of the year £700 oneway is cheap at othertimes not. We fly the same route in August and it's costing £950 return but no air miles and not flexi.

We used the A380 last year and enjoyed the inflight films on demand also you can stretch your legs by walking up and down the stairs, but the leg from Singapore to Brisbane is not on the A380

Last edited by Les Avalook; Jun 26th 2009 at 4:05 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Hi Keith,
Go onto www.seatguru.com and on the left hand side of the page look for Singapore Airlines. It will bring up a list of aircraft. Click on A380. You will see Main Deck (where most of that level are Economy) and Upper Deck where rows 71-82 are Economy. We sat in Upper Deck 79 H/K where there are only 2 seats beside each other. It's a row at the back so you can recline your seat without bugging the people behind you. And these seats also have storage beside you which saves putting it under the seat in front.
On Singapore Air you can do online check-in 24 hours before departure, so try and get these seats if you can.

As far as Flexi tickets are concerned, usually the cheaper the ticket the more restrictions there are. The £100 I mentioned earlier is the cost per person if you decide to cancel your flight details before you travel. Try phoning Singapore Airlines on 0844 8002380 to speak to someone to give you all the info you need.

Julie.
Julie, thanks very much, missed the £100 squid bit on the first post sorry.

Looking at the last week in September, first week in October?

Keith
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Singapore do double weight allowance (40kg) if your one way trip is to emigrate.

Also have you tried http://www.netflights.com for a quote?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 7:18 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
You have not said when you plan to fly, at sometimes of the year £700 oneway is cheap at othertimes not. We fly the same route in August and it's costing £950 return but no air miles and not flexi.

We used the A380 last year and enjoyed the inflight films on demand also you can stretch your legs by walking up and down the stairs, but the leg from Singapore to Brisbane is not on the A380
SIN to BNE is now flown by a nice shiny new A330 with the same new economy seating as the A380

Keith, everything you wanted to know about Singapore Airlines but were afraid to ask http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/index.php
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:07 pm
Chocoholic

Julie, thanks very much, missed the £100 squid bit on the first post sorry.

Looking at the last week in September, first week in October?

Keith
Just looked up some flights for you.
The quotes are coming in way less than £700.
Asda have o/w flights Heathrow - Brisbane 29 Sept £564
Singapore Air's own website £596
Ebookers (Via Travelsupermarket) £553

Again on Travelsupermarket, you can travel from Manchester via Heathrow and Taipei with Etihad, same date, for £488.

Worth looking around more to see if there's any cheaper.

Julie.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 12:13 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
SIN to BNE is now flown by a nice shiny new A330 with the same new economy seating as the A380

Keith, everything you wanted to know about Singapore Airlines but were afraid to ask http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/index.php
I agree with that - I was doing quantas -> singapore round trip 2x month for past 6mths and last time Iwent with Singapore Airlines on that new a330 - Im ditching qantas for good now. The difference was huge.

In seat power for laptops - you can plug in your ipod (though not sure why you would) into the tv - usual great singapore airlines on demand TV / films etc and all in all a great seat. HUGE in seat TV compared to any others ive seen. There is USB power for charging things like phones/ipods/etc - great great product.

I made mistake this time of booking last seat row so I could recline and sleep - i hate reclining into the guy behind - but it was near the toilets and OMG they stink after 5hrs of flight - next time im taking some vicks to stuff up my nose
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Just looked up some flights for you.
The quotes are coming in way less than £700.
Asda have o/w flights Heathrow - Brisbane 29 Sept £564
Singapore Air's own website £596
Ebookers (Via Travelsupermarket) £553

Again on Travelsupermarket, you can travel from Manchester via Heathrow and Taipei with Etihad, same date, for £488.

Worth looking around more to see if there's any cheaper.

Julie.

Cheers Guys, sent you all a ChacHa Karma?

Thanks Julie, thanks.

Its a straight toss up between the Emirates from Manchester taking off at 9.10pm, 3 hour stop over in Dubbers, then onto the land of the kanga's? It would only take me lass than an hour on the train to get to Manchester i am in Cheshire. 30kg luggage, laptop amnd my handbag off course?

OR

Singapore from Heathrow, taking of at 10pm, 3 hours in Singapore, then off to Oz, it would take me three hours to get to Heathrow on the train, about £20 squids booked in advance. Only 20 kg luggage allowace because i have validated my visa, do you reckon they might double seeing as i am going one way, never to return? Laptop handbag on plane, but the best bit is the A380 and the A330, nice planes, and nice fights?

Always and forever Keith.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

By the way;

Just got back to Brisvegas on the flight from Heathrow its 11 50 from London AND 10 00 AM FROM Singapore 7 30 pm Brisbane .very very nice airoplane really quiet and roomy with great tv screans. i usually travel to Manchester as i am originally from Rochdale but would very happily go to Heathrow if it meant going on the a380. The new A330 300s on the brissy singapore route are noisy and i dont know why but i just dont trust them if you know what i mean
regards raven
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Cheers Guys, sent you all a ChacHa Karma?

Thanks Julie, thanks.

Its a straight toss up between the Emirates from Manchester taking off at 9.10pm, 3 hour stop over in Dubbers, then onto the land of the kanga's? It would only take me lass than an hour on the train to get to Manchester i am in Cheshire. 30kg luggage, laptop amnd my handbag off course?

OR

Singapore from Heathrow, taking of at 10pm, 3 hours in Singapore, then off to Oz, it would take me three hours to get to Heathrow on the train, about £20 squids booked in advance. Only 20 kg luggage allowace because i have validated my visa, do you reckon they might double seeing as i am going one way, never to return? Laptop handbag on plane, but the best bit is the A380 and the A330, nice planes, and nice fights?

Always and forever Keith.
you know you can travel Singapore from Manchester leaves on wed sat and sundays at 10 am arrives Singapore 6 30 am then a 10 am departure to Brisvegas