Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Housing Market

Queensland Housing Market

Old May 4th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Queensland Housing Market

What's it doing ?!
Old May 4th 2009, 8:02 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland Housing Market

Originally Posted by melaniee
What's it doing ?!
Which part?

Prices certainly aren't dropping where I am.

They may be elsewhere.....for all I know

G
Old May 4th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Sunshine coast/hinterland.

Originally Posted by Grayling
Which part?

Prices certainly aren't dropping where I am.

They may be elsewhere.....for all I know

G
Old May 4th 2009, 8:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Sunshine coast/hinterland.
I have looked at a few houses around Noosa over the last few months.....many have been up for sale that long.

Prices have probably dropped a bit.

G
Old May 4th 2009, 8:48 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

rents starting to fall in brisbane. a lot of locals expect units to fall next.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:56 am
ABCDiamond

What's it doing ?!
Median Prices

Maroochydore
Houses
$425,000 Sept 2008
$393,000 March 2009
Units
$360,000 Sept 2008
$359,000 March 2009

Sunshine Coast
Houses
$475,000 Sept 2008
$450,000 March 2009
Units
$365,000 Sept 2008
$336,000 March 2009

Old May 4th 2009, 9:02 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by brisbanebob
rents starting to fall in brisbane. a lot of locals expect units to fall next.
April 15, 2009
Apartments are leading the surge in Brisbane rental prices, with weekly bills soaring more than 13 per cent in the past year.

The 13.3 per cent jump means Brisbane has experienced the largest increase in year-on-year unit rental prices of all the major cities in Australia, except for Darwin

On the Sunshine Coast, the median asking price for house rentals rose 3.9 per cent, from $380 to $395, while the weekly price for units rose 6.7 per cent, from $300 to $320

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/qld-...0415-a7fd.html

Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Annabel Candy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
April 15, 2009
Apartments are leading the surge in Brisbane rental prices, with weekly bills soaring more than 13 per cent in the past year.

The 13.3 per cent jump means Brisbane has experienced the largest increase in year-on-year unit rental prices of all the major cities in Australia, except for Darwin

On the Sunshine Coast, the median asking price for house rentals rose 3.9 per cent, from $380 to $395, while the weekly price for units rose 6.7 per cent, from $300 to $320

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/qld-...0415-a7fd.html
Here's my take. Been here six months, I think prices have dropped about 8% and wonder if they'll drop another 10-20% in line with the global property market. Tough times for property investors.

Last edited by Annabel Candy; Jun 19th 2009 at 4:09 am.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Totally depends what it is.

We bought in 2007 for 500ish, house few doors up just sold for 675, owner will knock it over and rebuild. These are ocean view houses in an area where a new bridge into brisbane will open in 9 months. Obviously the area was well underpriced to start with when you consider what ocean view would cost you anywhere else

I thought you sold your property? and moved back to WA, I hope it didnt fall through.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:30 am
ABCDiamond

A good chance to update those earlier figures:

Median Prices

Maroochydore
Houses
$425,000 Sept 2008
$395,000 May 2009

Units
$360,000 Sept 2008
$350,000 May 2009

Sunshine Coast
Houses
$475,000 Sept 2008
$450,000 May 2009

Units
$365,000 Sept 2008
$336,000 May 2009

However, there is a difference between Established House and New Builds, and the above figures do not differentiate this.

Notice how the index of median values of New Builds has dropped recently, whilst established houses have actually still risen slightly.

Old Jun 19th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

We have been in the market for the past 6 months looking for a 3 bed townhouse in gated complex in SW Brisbane. We were after a small house for my wife to live in during the week before heading out to the farm at weekends. 3 bedrooms may be a bit big for one perosn to live in but we are looking at the long term with saleability in 10 years time. We exchanged contracts on a townhouse two weeks ago. We found a beautiful little single level town house and are very happy with the purchase that we made.

Over the last three months we have noticed a trend in that this type of property that we were after has started to creep up in price. What we could have brought in the $325K range is now gone up to the $330K range. Only a small increase I know but it is a sign that the market is starting to recover.

Barney
Old Jun 25th 2009, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

We're back in WA and loving it ! But we still have the house in QLD and it is presently being rented....just considering options at the mo.

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Totally depends what it is.

We bought in 2007 for 500ish, house few doors up just sold for 675, owner will knock it over and rebuild. These are ocean view houses in an area where a new bridge into brisbane will open in 9 months. Obviously the area was well underpriced to start with when you consider what ocean view would cost you anywhere else

I thought you sold your property? and moved back to WA, I hope it didnt fall through.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 10:54 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I have looked at a few houses around Noosa over the last few months.....many have been up for sale that long.

Prices have probably dropped a bit.

G
I have always really liked you Grayling...bagsy come stay with you.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by POW148
We have been in the market for the past 6 months looking for a 3 bed townhouse in gated complex in SW Brisbane. We were after a small house for my wife to live in during the week before heading out to the farm at weekends. 3 bedrooms may be a bit big for one perosn to live in but we are looking at the long term with saleability in 10 years time. We exchanged contracts on a townhouse two weeks ago. We found a beautiful little single level town house and are very happy with the purchase that we made.

Over the last three months we have noticed a trend in that this type of property that we were after has started to creep up in price. What we could have brought in the $325K range is now gone up to the $330K range. Only a small increase I know but it is a sign that the market is starting to recover.

Barney
I am looking for something similar. Three-bedroom, single-storey, garage no garden or pool to look after. Any recommendations in the western suburbs?
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by discobay
I am looking for something similar. Three-bedroom, single-storey, garage no garden or pool to look after. Any recommendations in the western suburbs?
Plenty in the Western suburbs but they can be expensive.

There is a townhouse for sale near us in Toowong for $500000..no garden etc. on a small complex.

Any with gardens are much more expensive.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.