Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:52 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Originally Posted by SBOZ
NOOOOOOO!!!! if you stay 'air-side' you cannot leave the airport - your luggage and you must stay 'together' at all times. If you choose to leave the airport, you HAVE to collect any luggage and you MUST clear customs and immigration before leaving the terminal. A transit lounge is available at most airports, but these do not give you the right to leave the terminals. The hotel you mention at Changi is 'air-side' and so you would not be allowed to go into the city....
Oh right didnt know that! So if you decide to go into Singapore then you cant have your luggage go straight through either!!!

Dont suppose you know where you can get xmas tickets at these prices!!!! X
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Where did you book your flights??? if they're through a travel agent here, a BSP refund (that's the company that handles all airlines monies) can take anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks.... here's hoping you booked direct with EK???
yep - direct with emirates. Still need to find enough spare cash to book the singapore flights though before I can cancel the emirates ones!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiels
Oh right didnt know that! So if you decide to go into Singapore then you cant have your luggage go straight through either!!!

Dont suppose you know where you can get xmas tickets at these prices!!!! X

No, with all of the security measures in place now, the airlines will not allow this.... and I'm afraid Santa has not been given permission to sell these flights over Xmas! - Xmas is traditionally one of the busiest times of the year to fly - doesn't matter where you are in the world - the airlines will not put specials like this out, as they know they will make money and put bums on seats whatever the costs are...
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

NOOOOOOO!!!! if you stay 'air-side' you cannot leave the airport - your luggage and you must stay 'together' at all times. If you choose to leave the airport, you HAVE to collect any luggage and you MUST clear customs and immigration before leaving the terminal. A transit lounge is available at most airports, but these do not give you the right to leave the terminals. The hotel you mention at Changi is 'air-side' and so you would not be allowed to go into the city....
is that just in singapore? we flew via KL 2years ago and left the airport for 7 hours to stay in a hotel outside overnight. We had to go through immig etc but our cases were checked right through from Oz to UK - we didn't have to collect them in KL.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:22 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

No, with all of the security measures in place now, the airlines will not allow this.... and I'm afraid Santa has not been given permission to sell these flights over Xmas! - Xmas is traditionally one of the busiest times of the year to fly - doesn't matter where you are in the world - the airlines will not put specials like this out, as they know they will make money and put bums on seats whatever the costs are...
Tell me about it....$3000 plus each to fly in December!!! X
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:24 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

In the link below for Changi Q5 would seem to disagree with this?
http://www.changiairport.com/changi/...ml?__locale=en
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yoi are totally wrong. If you are connecting at Changi, your luggage is booked through to your destination, you have no access to your bags. You can clear immigration/customs and leave the airport at will. I did this on stopovers there last July and December with no problems whatsoever.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:21 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

I managed to book for September. Direct on the way to London and with a stopover on the way back to Perth for $ 1473.68

How glad am I that I didn't book with Emirates yesterday as I had wanted.

Meant to say - booked a LHR - PER return for my Mum as well to bring her back out with me and that was £757. So very little in the prices for once. About time!

Last edited by julesandco; Apr 3rd 2009 at 2:25 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Well done jules =good to see someone actually got the deal! I been trying for months to get a good price to go back for my sons graduation and still cant get it with this promotion - three weeks ago i was told the seats were all booked up so dont know why i thought this would be diffeent
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

About $50 cheaper than the flights we booked with qantas during their 'kids fly free' promotion for the same dates
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 7:33 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I read in this morning's paper that SIA are offering $1488 fares from Perth to London. These fares are for flights until, I think, November and are for the peak European season.

Looks like there is a price war coming.
Thanks so much for this info, just booked my flight for Aug to fly back to the uk. Saved well over $1200 on the cheapest quote id had

Shame i cant buy you a beer! Thanks again!

Stu
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yoi are totally wrong. If you are connecting at Changi, your luggage is booked through to your destination, you have no access to your bags. You can clear immigration/customs and leave the airport at will. I did this on stopovers there last July and December with no problems whatsoever.
I agree - this one was confusing me too because I can't see the issue.

If your bags are checked through they will be stored somewhere in the baggage handling system.

All you will need to clear immigration & re-enter airside is your onward boarding pass - you will either already have this from the point of origin or can pick one up at the transit desk in Singapore when you arrive & before clearing immigration.

If you don't show for the onward flight your bags will be offloaded, same as they would be if you were never left the airport and no-showed.

The airline is surely blissfully unaware that you have left the airport anyway??

Last edited by bcworld; Apr 3rd 2009 at 9:31 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone missed out on dates, I got an email from Harvey world travel saying Qantas will do similar fare/dates. But there is a booking fee for using HWT. Dont know if qantas is advertising it direct.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
If anyone missed out on dates, I got an email from Harvey world travel saying Qantas will do similar fare/dates. But there is a booking fee for using HWT. Dont know if qantas is advertising it direct.
Yup....similar fares available.

Happy days!
Attached Thumbnails Singapore airlines 88 fare to London-qf.jpg  
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:20 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Oh heck!

I bought from Malaysia Airlines a few weeks back- 2adults, 2 kids for $7323, but I've just checked and they are non-refundable. Damn- seemed like a good deal at the time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.