Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Silly question maybe........

Silly question maybe........

Old May 14th 2005, 7:34 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Silly question maybe........

I have a brand new pressure washer, but because of customs being funny about things I wont be bringing my garden hose. So will an australian hose have the same fittings.
Old May 14th 2005, 7:49 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silly question maybe........

Going to use both the pressure washer and hose today for the last time cleaning all the garden equipment. We were then going to clean the hoses down and take them - is this not recommended?
Old May 14th 2005, 7:54 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Going to use both the pressure washer and hose today for the last time cleaning all the garden equipment. We were then going to clean the hoses down and take them - is this not recommended?
As long as they're are clean should be ok.
Are you taking all your garden tools ect
Old May 14th 2005, 7:57 am

Those that we can clean. Need to sort it all out today as doing the dreaded car boot tomorrow. Don't really want to do it and would rather just give all the stuff to charity but the other half is insistent on it! I also need to sort out stuff for e-bay as we leave in under 6 weeks and we haven't done anything really, except sell my car! I think we got a bit complacent as we have relocation agents but it has just dawned on us that we ought to get our fingers out now as we are busy for every weekend from now on :scared:
Old May 14th 2005, 8:00 am

Those that we can clean. Need to sort it all out today as doing the dreaded car boot tomorrow. Don't really want to do it and would rather just give all the stuff to charity but the other half is insistent on it! I also need to sort out stuff for e-bay as we leave in under 6 weeks and we haven't done anything really, except sell my car! I think we got a bit complacent as we have relocation agents but it has just dawned on us that we ought to get our fingers out now as we are busy for every weekend from now on :scared:

If you get a tin of hammerite and paint your garden tools up they will look brand new and sparkling clean
Old May 14th 2005, 8:04 am

Thanks Fraser, will do. BTW flight confirmation and hotel vouchers for HK have just arrived in the post. OMG this is it!
Old May 14th 2005, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fraser, will do. BTW flight confirmation and hotel vouchers for HK have just arrived in the post. OMG this is it!

Completely off topic But your avatar of a burger looks fabulous. I'm starving

Where did that piccie come from?

JTL
Old May 14th 2005, 9:28 am

Lucky you which hotel are you staying in, we wanted to stay in a 5* but not a good idea with the two little hooligans. We stayed in the JW. Marriot in KL last year and the youngest Bobby wasn't even moving around yet but every time Henry starteed touching stuff we couldn't relax
Old May 14th 2005, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Completely off topic But your avatar of a burger looks fabulous. I'm starving

Where did that piccie come from?

JTL
Put in to google.co.uk Avatar and clicked on the first link. I am starving too so going to cook some lunch now.
Old May 14th 2005, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by fraser
Lucky you which hotel are you staying in, we wanted to stay in a 5* but not a good idea with the two little hooligans. We stayed in the JW. Marriot in KL last year and the youngest Bobby wasn't even moving around yet but every time Henry starteed touching stuff we couldn't relax
Staying at the Madarin Oriental and booked a suite - well not going to get much of a holiday this year so I thought we would splash out. Step-son however, is a 'normal' room!!! What a wicked step-mother am I!?
Old May 14th 2005, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Put in to google.co.uk Avatar and clicked on the first link. I am starving too so going to cook some lunch now.
Nah, late night snack for me!

Reminds me of the movie 'Falling Down'. Michael Douglas saying 'whats wrong with this picture. Big juicy burger and then you hand me this piece of crap'.

Damn that looks like nice burger

Arrrggghhh hunger,

JTL
Old May 14th 2005, 4:44 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
If you get a tin of hammerite and paint your garden tools up they will look brand new and sparkling clean

Or clean in caustic soda (don't know the spelling but that's how it sounds).
Drop 'em in, leave an hour and they come out sparkling, no hard work involved and no drying time needed.
We're taking our jet wash, gonna give it a good clean first though.
Anyone know if we'll get in with a petrol lawn mower or should we just flog it.
Marie
Old May 14th 2005, 4:48 pm

Staying at the Madarin Oriental and booked a suite - well not going to get much of a holiday this year so I thought we would splash out. Step-son however, is a 'normal' room!!! What a wicked step-mother am I!?

Brilliant for you.
I've been to the oriental in Bangkok which regurly gets voted amongst the worlds top five hotels. Does it come with a butler I believe all the rooms in Bangkok do
Old May 14th 2005, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Drop 'em in, leave an hour and they come out sparkling, no hard work involved and no drying time needed.
Marie
I'm leaving my petrol mower it was only a cheapy.
Old May 14th 2005, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Marie
Checked up steam cleaning on yell.com. Local guy's coming to steam clean mower and barbecue for £5 each. Thank goodness something's easy.

Carolyn