Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What info does the TRA need from your employer

What info does the TRA need from your employer

Old May 14th 2005, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

family gee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What info does the TRA need from your employer

I am about to apply for a skilled visa so my family & I can start a new life in australia.Please can anyone advise me as to what the tra procedures are,how long this takes to complete roughly,& what my employer will have to provide?& any references I will need
Thanks
Clare.
Old May 14th 2005, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What info does the TRA need from your employer

Originally Posted by family gee
I am about to apply for a skilled visa so my family & I can start a new life in australia.Please can anyone advise me as to what the tra procedures are,how long this takes to complete roughly,& what my employer will have to provide?& any references I will need
Thanks
Clare.
that kinda depends on how long youve been with them!

im a hairdresser! so i needed my certificates and a reference from all my prviouse employers!! only 2 so want bad!! but then i was self employed for a few years! so i had to get a shed load from customers, suppliers, and landlords accountants!!

so id imajinne youll only need certs and prevoiuse employers!!

what do you do?
Old May 14th 2005, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: What info does the TRA need from your employer

Originally Posted by steven'n'debi
that kinda depends on how long youve been with them!

im a hairdresser! so i needed my certificates and a reference from all my prviouse employers!! only 2 so want bad!! but then i was self employed for a few years! so i had to get a shed load from customers, suppliers, and landlords accountants!!

so id imajinne youll only need certs and prevoiuse employers!!

what do you do?
Thanks for that,I'm also a hairdresser in Devon!My sister in law & family left for perth today & we have talked about it for a long time with them & we've decided to join them.We are green with envy,but at this moment in time they're still 45,000ft in the air somewhere above singapore,so i'm making some independent enquiries whilst they cannot oblige!
Lucky devils,leaving this behind.Clare.
Old May 14th 2005, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by family gee
Thanks for that,I'm also a hairdresser in Devon!My sister in law & family left for perth today & we have talked about it for a long time with them & we've decided to join them.We are green with envy,but at this moment in time they're still 45,000ft in the air somewhere above singapore,so i'm making some independent enquiries whilst they cannot oblige!
Lucky devils,leaving this behind.Clare.
devon knows how they make it so creammy!!!!

well all i can say is get your but into gear!! its not a fast process!! we went for a holliday in july 2003 to confirm what we already knew! and we land in perth july this year so it isnt the fastest!! but it should go fast !bein a hairdresser!!

oh and dont use an agent!! there all cowboys!! your cse is streight forward!!

if you need any help just ask!!
Old May 14th 2005, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steven'n'debi
devon knows how they make it so creammy!!!!

well all i can say is get your but into gear!! its not a fast process!! we went for a holliday in july 2003 to confirm what we already knew! and we land in perth july this year so it isnt the fastest!! but it should go fast !bein a hairdresser!!

oh and dont use an agent!! there all cowboys!! your cse is streight forward!!

if you need any help just ask!!
Hi again
lucky you,we just want rid of place,it really rains alot here!And it's full of old people & very depressing.Are you going to work as a hairdresser?I've been doing this since I was about 15 & fancy a change-In all respects.
Is completing the stages hard?I'm all for saving money & having a go myself.My family used an agent,but they are in an enviable position of having some equity behind them so they could afford it,I will try if its not too daunting.Typical dippy hairdresser.
Old May 14th 2005, 7:10 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

I am also a hairdresser, going from Sheffield to the Gold Coast.
I've done all the work myself, not bothered with an agent-trying to keep the cost as low as possible, although if you do decide to use one, you'll find recommendations on here if you do a search.

You need to get on to the TRA website for all the info, I'll find it and post it for you in a mo.

If you're employed you need references in detail as to exactly what you do, how often you do it etc.. Also references from previous employers if you've had more than 1.
You need proof of completing at college (certificate) and also a description of the college course.

Need any help just let me know.

Marie
Old May 14th 2005, 7:12 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
You need to get on to the TRA website for all the info, I'll find it and post it for you in a mo.

Marie
Here you go:

www.workplace.gov.au/tra

Marie
Old May 14th 2005, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Here you go:

www.workplace.gov.au/tra

Marie
Thankyou for your help,I will take a look at the link now.
best wishes
clare