Just about right
16.00%
Don't give two hoots
12.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)

Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:50 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)

What do you think of the Forum's present status?
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Signal to Noise Ration (SNR)

Originally posted by ptlabs
What do you think of the Forum's present status?
To many posts about migration
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:59 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

its not to hard to work out that some of us are a bit gobby,but thiers no real harm intended,and some of the gobs can be most informative(of wich i am not 1) but its all geting a bit to serious here idont think the most people take offence.i hope your poll proves me right.
p.s the poll is missing get informed & have a laugh
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:04 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Aha, here's my chance to post a picture of some cute cats.
Attached Thumbnails Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)-dotcats.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:07 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just change the forum title

Lifestyle & Culture & Utter Crap
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:12 am
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Florida_03
Just change the forum title

Lifestyle & Culture & Utter Crap
or so deep we need breathing apps just to say hello
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

OR...you can post whatever crap you like providing you belong to the "gestapo" section of the forum
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:21 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by userjay
or so deep we need breathing apps just to say hello
If only one pom is saved from a life of whinging by understanding the meaning of Australian Lifestyle and Culture then it will be all worthwhile...
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:23 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Price of Fish
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:25 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, we should have our own site

Everyone of us KNOWN posters are guilty of posting drivel at times. Like I said, some more than others.

All of us though have contributed a lot to the site. Whether it be questions, answers, observations, moral support and so on.

I agree we should try to limit our chit chat to the lounge. But it is hard when you are posting and someone comes out with a funny. Everyone else tends to jump on the band wagon. Its human nature. You cant stop yourself from picking up on things and having a laugh.

MRS Dagboy, we've had a few off topic plays. Just like everyone else.

Seems like the site is going through some kind of purge. "Thats not about OZ/NZ slag it off". Yet we are all guilty

As someone said earlier "Glasshouses and stones".

This is not a dig at anyone. I, more than anyone is guilty of posting wise cracks and drivel. Usually at this time of day

Take care.

Last edited by Jack Daws on 17 Feb 2004 at 01:23

The above is what I have just posted in the lounge. Hope it make sense.

Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Jack, I think you missed my point, Im the queen of one liners & you're talking to the woman who posted a poll to see whos bum was sexiest . And yes, sometimes threads do get pulled off-topic, thats always going to happen. For me its NOT about not being able to post drivel, & as far as Im concerned you can start a thread about anything that takes your fancy (as long as it isnt offensive to people) but sometimes its nicer if some of the drivel isnt posted in the middle of other peoples serious threads .

So I pick B .
Old Feb 17th 2004, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Personally I'm not bothered about "drivel" or hijacking but I do think that if someone has posted a serious question the thread should focus on that question.

I suppose even the "drivel" should have an Auusie flavour.

Sometimes it seems like people forget there is a Lounge
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:25 am
WBB

i have voted option C.

S/N = 20 log10(1.30) = 2.28 dB

Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I voted B, its not say a topic swinging from shopping to petrol for example or house prices to schools they are probably just a natural progression of the discussion, its not jokes coming in either.

Its more the start a thread and suddenly the four pages of drivel, for want of a better word pops up. Most people know what I mean. Mrs D said it this morning, most people on here who give the useful info are quite busy at work or whatever, once the four page drivel comes in you just click out and the original posters point is completely lost. Plus the drivel stuff is now being put in on purpose just to ruin peoples threads which is wrecking the whole point of the forum.

Why harass like that, if a few people want a chat about boobies, bottoms, sheep whatever surely they should have the decency to start a thread in the Lounge, although it seems people on there are pretty sick of it too
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:05 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty
I voted B, its not say a topic swinging from shopping to petrol for example or house prices to schools they are probably just a natural progression of the discussion, its not jokes coming in either.

Its more the start a thread and suddenly the four pages of drivel, for want of a better word pops up. Most people know what I mean. Mrs D said it this morning, most people on here who give the useful info are quite busy at work or whatever, once the four page drivel comes in you just click out and the original posters point is completely lost. Plus the drivel stuff is now being put in on purpose just to ruin peoples threads which is wrecking the whole point of the forum.

Why harass like that, if a few people want a chat about boobies, bottoms, sheep whatever surely they should have the decency to start a thread in the Lounge, although it seems people on there are pretty sick of it too
I agree with everything Dotty said......apart from the bit about boobies. I have no problem with them popping up anywhere.

Now im back on 56k and it takes a decade for a page to load it does get a bit irksome when you have pages of crappy one liners in between the conversation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.