16.00%
Don't give two hoots
12.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)

Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:15 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
I agree with everything Dotty said......apart from the bit about boobies. I have no problem with them popping up anywhere.

Now im back on 56k and it takes a decade for a page to load it does get a bit irksome when you have pages of crappy one liners in between the conversation.
For quick boobies try www.swiftdsl.com.au .
Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:15 am
ABCDiamond

How many people get emails or pm's from non forum posters asking for information ? And they havent asked the question in the forum ?

This has happened to me a few times, and I am happy to answer any who do ask.

However, why do they choose to ask a single poster directly ? Are they afraid of joining in the banter ? I'm going to ask the next one

The one problem that does occur, is that if they don't get opinions from anyone else as well, then they get my biased view

This hasn't answered the above, but at least hasn't gone of at a tangent to say something like I saw lettuces at $1.99 today. Which I did, and is therefore Australian lifestyle related

Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:20 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
i have voted option C.

S/N = 20 log10(1.30) = 2.28 dB
I've forgotten how to calculate dB's! Gave it all back to the prof when I got out of his class.... oops
Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:26 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

This hasn't answered the above, but at least hasn't gone of at a tangent to say something like I saw lettuces at $1.99 today. Which I did, and is therefore Australian lifestyle related

Where? I'll buy the lot and sell them on to Woolies for $3.25
Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by jayr
Where? I'll buy the lot and sell them on to Woolies for $3.25
At my local fruit & Veg store, just 100 yards away from Woolworths who have them at $3.95.

Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

How many people get emails or pm's from non forum posters asking for information ? And they havent asked the question in the forum ?

However, why do they choose to ask a single poster directly ? Are they afraid of joining in the banter ? I'm going to ask the next one

The one problem that does occur, is that if they don't get opinions from anyone else as well, then they get my biased view
All the time ABC, people that have never even done a single post LOL.

They usually say that they are asking me because they want honest answers (btw thats their words, Im not saying everyone else isnt honest). Either that or they want specific info on the Wynnum/Manly area or Brisbane real estate/schools in general.

You're right, in some ways it limits their *view* of the *otherside* to whatever my view happens to be, but I always tell that its my opinion & my likes/dislikes etc. Havent had any complaints yet .

I think some people just prefer to take the more personal approach perhaps?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:18 am

The tone of the PMs I get are usually quite nervous. I think they are afraid of being ridiculed.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:25 am
WBB

on the subject of PM's i get around 3 or 4 a day from new members and old telling me to carry on with the wise cracks and jokes, they like my style and some tell me they only log in to catch up on the goss yadda yadda.

obviously we are all here because we are in the process of becoming expats (or already are) but a bit of humour does not go amiss, and i never ply my trade on the immi forum, which IMO is the place to ask serious questions.

this room for me is a general room where we should discuss anything and everything and the lounge is for the outcasts.

Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

PM's from folk who have not found it 100% and say they are not game to put that on the open forum. Or those who want local info on a particular school/specific street etc.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:30 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WBB
i never ply my trade on the immi forum, which IMO is the place to ask serious questions.

this room for me is a general room where we should discuss anything and everything and the lounge is for the outcasts.
That's true. Now then, Ex-Singapore Peter, I'm sure you don't want our inane drivel on the Immigration Board.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:37 am

Originally posted by WBB
on the subject of PM's i get around 3 or 4 a day from new members and old telling me to carry on with the wise cracks and jokes, they like my style and some tell me they only log in to catch up on the goss yadda yadda.

obviously we are all here because we are in the process of becoming expats (or already are) but a bit of humour does not go amiss, and i never ply my trade on the immi forum, which IMO is the place to ask serious questions.

Immigration forum for immigration issues
Aussie lifestyle forum for Aussie lifestyle and culture threads

It is all about the right balance. Maybe start a "I need to banter to get me through visa application" thread. Then the non-banterers can easily skip the crap.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:40 am
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
Immigration forum for immigration issues
Aussie lifestyle forum for Aussie lifestyle and culture threads

It is all about the right balance. Maybe start a "I need to banter to get me through visa application" thread. Then the non-banterers can easily skip the crap.
tried that earlier and it got moved to the lounge.................

its all relevant to somebody otherwise it would not be here.

Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:48 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
And yes, sometimes threads do get pulled off-topic, thats always going to happen. For me its NOT about not being able to post drivel, & as far as Im concerned you can start a thread about anything that takes your fancy (as long as it isnt offensive to people) but sometimes its nicer if some of the drivel isnt posted in the middle of other peoples serious threads .

So I pick B .
This is EXACTLY my opinion to. I also picked B.
It's not bad if there's some, but whole pages of drivel......

Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:51 am
WBB

Drivel

Old Feb 17th 2004, 7:14 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
This is EXACTLY my opinion to. I also picked B.
It's not bad if there's some, but whole pages of drivel......

I agree and sympathies.

But like I said its hard to ignore a one liner thats begging for a reply. And maybe evryone here thats posted on this thread should try and give it a go

Whats a lettuce

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.