Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sick of Australia, Looking for Nice Area in England

Wikiposts

Sick of Australia, Looking for Nice Area in England

Old Apr 27th 2003, 2:18 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick of Australia, Looking for Nice Area in England

Originally posted by Florida_03
...closet terapins carry their own accomodations??

http://funkman.org/animal/reptile/snappingturtle.html
Very good hows your world good sir?

Old Apr 27th 2003, 10:09 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Very good hows your world good sir?
Nice of you to ask and around 5000 kms seems to provide a reasonably adequate buffer...but a wait 'til August seems surely unreasonable for an extension of this great circle distance.

What, dear Mrs B like it here...???

So why the prolonging of your :scared: obvious pain :scared:...???

Masochist or Sadist...
Old Apr 27th 2003, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

[

Masochist or Sadist... [/QUOTE]

both..i like to hit myself -BUT I DON'T !! ;-)

cheers

richard
Old Apr 27th 2003, 11:29 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by r.bartlett
both..i like to hit myself -BUT I DON'T !! ;-)

cheers

richard
Understood...but Mr Bastard's self-abuse appears cronic...
:scared:
Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:13 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The masochism is waiting for a redundancy payout.

The Sadism is knowing there will be none.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 9:48 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hit me said the masochist

No said the sadist.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

I used to play bridge with a lot of retired folk in the UK and think they had lovely lives. They did all have heaps of money though. We lived in Hertforshire just north of London. There are some lovely little villages around there too. The oldies seemed to have bridge mornings, a day out in London every so often to see a show/museum and dine out at Conrads or such. They took lots of skiing holidays in the winter, did their Xmas shopping in New York, they were alway popping off to somewhere in Europe for a weeks holiday, and on Sunday they all got together and did a hike in the country then had a pub lunch. All in all a very nice lifestyle. The key points from this are - have money, have friends and live near an airport.

On the other hand my in laws live in Scotland. They are both on a pension, can not afford to have their crumbling mouldy house fixed. They do not have any heating and the town (near Glasgow) is depressing, miserable and desolate. Their health is poor and they rely on the NHS. There is nothing for them to do except watch TV. They watch Neighbours and dream of what their lives could have been in Australia!

Basically you do not want to be old and poor in the UK. Do you really have enough money?

Queenie
Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:27 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
Nice of you to ask and around 5000 kms seems to provide a reasonably adequate buffer...but a wait 'til August seems surely unreasonable for an extension of this great circle distance.

What, dear Mrs B like it here...???

So why the prolonging of your :scared: obvious pain :scared:...???

Masochist or Sadist...
Not at all the dogs are not allowed to travel until August ,thinking on you could be spot on .
The one thing that does scare me is the thought of growing any older here.

Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by queenie
Basically you do not want to be old and poor in the UK. Do you really have enough money?

Queenie

Don't think I'd want to be poor and old anywhere but it will probably happen some-day :scared:
Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:33 pm
Banned

Queenie
Try old and poor in Australia you will still have to find money for health care , no hope of a state pension if your super pay out is to high very few get 2 pensions as its means tested.
We both have a second pension to come in the UK my wifes is index linked so why stop here and live on one?
If we wish we move to the Med given the EU is expanding we will have a choice to live in a cheaper country with no block on our pensions or health care as you will get here .
You may dream the cost of living here is cheap , forget it theres a charge for everything .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 28th 2003 at 12:36 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

[If we wish we move to the Med given the EU is expanding we will have a choice to live in a cheaper country with no block on our pensions or health care as you will get here .]

Sounds like a plan batman. Will you be happy anywhere though?

I know lots of old folk who are happy in Oz just sitting in the sun reading the paper and swimming in the sea. Doesn't cost very much.

The answer is within PB
Queenie
Old Apr 28th 2003, 1:22 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

[If we wish we move to the Med given the EU is expanding we will have a choice to live in a cheaper country with no block on our pensions or health care as you will get here .]

I know lots of old folk who are happy in Oz just sitting in the sun reading the paper and swimming in the sea. Doesn't cost very much.

The answer is within PB
Queenie
I thought the answer was without PB!
Old Apr 28th 2003, 2:01 pm
Banned

The answer is within PB

Queenie
Look we had all Australia has got to offer and enjoy life but its time to move we have spent far too much time in this back water.

''I know lots of old folk who are happy in Oz just sitting in the sun reading the paper and swimming in the sea. Doesn't cost very much.''

That life costs very little anywhere but you have too work also and to honest the jobs here are piss poor , many are trapped here and live bloody dull lifes the only enjoyment they get is winding up their friends and families in the UK about how sunny it is .
I would think that it never gets cold here or rains and the wind never blows , every day is perfect and no one has to work or pay bills .
Life here is very limited which suits the hairdressers and brickies and they are welcome to it.

If you need a suburbian life where people wall themselves in come here , we required more .

Old Apr 28th 2003, 2:23 pm
Banned

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Look we had all Australia has got to offer and enjoy life but its time to move we have spent far too much time in this back water.

If you need a suburbian life where people wall themselves in come here , we required more .
Over the fence lies ... Australia
Old Apr 28th 2003, 2:32 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Over the fence lies ... Australia

Impressed but not sold on it , tried it bought the book and walked the walk , this was nearly right and its not if .

''Ironically, although about 80 per cent of Australians live in suburban streets, we still talk as if suburban equals subhuman. ''

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.