Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I take my car with me?

Should I take my car with me?

Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Should I take my car with me?

Originally Posted by alipally
We phoned the shipping agent and he explained the costs....

the price you paid for the car + the shipping cost+10% tax(which you pay) = Total

Then another 10% of the Total I thought that was a bit of a cheek but

So initially you pay 10% then they add the shipping cost to that total and charge you another 10%.

Unless you bought the car before 1998 you get no depreciation it's the price that YOU paid when you bought it!

It's sooo not worth it!

Ali x
No thats not quite correct you pay 10% of the value which you obtain from a recognised Australian Auto valuer before it lands at the port (value certificate cost $200 but saved us thousands$). The value is reduced taking into account (manual which are de valued here, the cost to ship and the fact it will be an inport so worth less, our £9,000 worth of Mitsubishi L200 was valued at $8,500 so we paid $850 inport tax which was 10% of australian valuation report!!!!) It was a 2003 car by the way

Cheryl

Last edited by stevensfamily; Jun 7th 2008 at 10:24 am.