Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In-Laws arrive tomorrow and guess what????

In-Laws arrive tomorrow and guess what????

Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:37 am
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all
Default In-Laws arrive tomorrow and guess what????

The bloody dishwasher packed in today. Anyone any ideas on how to fix !!
It is a Bosch which we brought over from Scotland and has been ok up till now. Wouldn't drain, so we cleaned all filters etc, still no joy, so stripped it down to where the pump is and the propeller thingy had a rubber band very loosely around it, took it out and motor just clicking but not actually working, looked up a video of it on Bosch website and didn't look as if they'res had arubber band on it. So anyone know if that band drives the pump somehow and how to put it on. Must belong there somewhere as i couldn't see how a rubber band could go through 2 filters lol. Thx in advance.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In-Laws arrive tomorrow and guess what????

[oh the joys of rubber gloves and if all else fails... palmolive is also good for the hands..

do wot were doing... hand washing for the time being...
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Hi I am a white goods engineer and very familiar with Bosch dishwashers. The pump impellor should not have anything wrapped around it. Have you removed the pump from the machine? If you have, the piece of rubber is probably the seal that seals the pump housing. The pump impellor should turn smoothly but will feel 'spring loaded' due to the magnet effect from the coil. They are normally pretty reliable and draining problems are normally down to the impellor getting jammed by a piece of broken glass or a piece of food.

If the pump has failed they are around $60.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:14 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by grossenbol
The bloody dishwasher packed in today.
Thats good timing if you ask me, what a good way to pay for their stay
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by grossenbol
The bloody dishwasher packed in today. Anyone any ideas on how to fix !!
It is a Bosch which we brought over from Scotland and has been ok up till now. Wouldn't drain, so we cleaned all filters etc, still no joy, so stripped it down to where the pump is and the propeller thingy had a rubber band very loosely around it, took it out and motor just clicking but not actually working, looked up a video of it on Bosch website and didn't look as if they'res had arubber band on it. So anyone know if that band drives the pump somehow and how to put it on. Must belong there somewhere as i couldn't see how a rubber band could go through 2 filters lol. Thx in advance.
Hi Fiona

No idea on how to fix the dishwasher, just wanted to say good luck with the inlaws!! Kids must be excited - its great to see the grandparents.

Tracy x
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:53 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time2
Hi I am a white goods engineer and very familiar with Bosch dishwashers
May I ask you, as a man at the coal face - which brand of dishwashers/washing machines you consider to be the most reliable?

Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:58 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch
May I ask you, as a man at the coal face - which brand of dishwashers/washing machines you consider to be the most reliable?

Hutch my OH repairs all white goods and he recommends all German makes such as Bosch, AEG are the best. Quite expensive but worth every penny. Also Miele.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Hey don't worry I can send you my kids around they will wash up for free board, just promise you will keep them until they are 21 and can leave home
Old Jun 7th 2008, 11:28 am
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

Originally Posted by UK-2-OZ
Hey don't worry I can send you my kids around they will wash up for free board, just promise you will keep them until they are 21 and can leave home
Thx guys for the replies, looks like it's a new pump then , bah !!! Good advice 'Can't Rain' thx, oh and hi Tracy, hope u r all well !!!