Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Power of attorney for house sale

Power of attorney for house sale

Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default Power of attorney for house sale

Hi there,
Weve just had a second buyer pull out of buying our property :curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:: curse::curse

And we are moving over in September.Has anyone given power of attorney to anyone to deal with their house sale for them? For me it would be my parents ,but i just wondered how easy/hard it would be to do?
Jeez i need a drink !!!!!
Sunbound
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:34 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Power of attorney for house sale

Just having a nose, to see what Expats think of Aussie, if share same experiences.

Gave power of attorney to our solicitor to sell my mother's house, she's in Oz. No problem, you then do everything on-line. Power of Attorney lasts for one year, but it's easy to renew (so our solicitor said) should you need too. As no number in NZ originally kept our .net email address going. Estate agent and solicitor use this address, our friends also had this address initially to maintain contact while we set up home and phone line.

Hope this helps
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sunbound View Post
Hi there,
Weve just had a second buyer pull out of buying our property :curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:: curse::curse

And we are moving over in September.Has anyone given power of attorney to anyone to deal with their house sale for them? For me it would be my parents ,but i just wondered how easy/hard it would be to do?
Sunbound

We have just moved over to Melbourne and have given Power of Attorney to our solicitor and we have just accepted an offer on our house (please keep fingers crossed for us). The solicitor will contact us at each point of the sale and we give instructions over the net and they sign for us. We hope this will prevent delays with the sale due to distance.

Cheryl
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:15 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Power of attorney for house sale

Originally Posted by howden40 View Post
Just having a nose, to see what Expats think of Aussie, if share same experiences.

Gave power of attorney to our solicitor to sell my mother's house, she's in Oz. No problem, you then do everything on-line. Power of Attorney lasts for one year, but it's easy to renew (so our solicitor said) should you need too. As no number in NZ originally kept our .net email address going. Estate agent and solicitor use this address, our friends also had this address initially to maintain contact while we set up home and phone line.

Hope this helps
Yep, it's dead easy in Australia. I've done this twice, giving my mother power of attorney to act on my behalf for property sale and purchase.

Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sunbound View Post
Hi there,

Sunbound
Hi, it cost me £99 fm a solicitor this week to sort out one for our property here. Fairly straightforward.