Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now?

Wikiposts

Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now?

Old Jul 10th 2004, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice
Default Should I stay or go?

Life is too short to live somewhere where you aren't happy and you don't live for enough days to spend many of them being bitter.

This I have quoted from another thread because I agree with the sentiment.

The other oft quoted truism is:-

You don't regret the things that you do as much as the things you don't do.

So Dot-Com go for it and good luck .
Old Jul 10th 2004, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now?

Thanks for this Banksia.

The majority of people who make negative swipes on here against asylum seekers/illegal immigrants don't/can't see the human beings behind the stories and don't/won't hear/read the human tragedy of their lives.

My husband also worked with asylum seekers in UK, people with names & faces & families, & his experience was comparable to Mrs. Banksia's - a humbling, often heartbreaking experience.

Thanks for giving a different perspective.

Originally posted by Banksia
Immigrants? The place is packed with immigrants. The difference is they are Welcome!

My wife works with a volunteer refugee support group. Whenever more volunteers are needed the organisation is flooded with more applicants than they have families to support. Imagine having to apply to be a volunteer.

These refugees are awesome people. Their optimism is so humbling and infectious. I am grateful they have tried so hard to get here. A 12 year old Afghan girl speaking to a crowded room in her second language told us "My mum wants me to be a doctor, my brother wants me to be a lawyer; I want to be a pilot!"

Unlike the British tabloids, don't bag illegals till you have got to know people from similar backgrounds. And if they get a bit of a kick start in the beginning, they pay it back several fold.

Australian thrives because of its immigrant new blood. And we are smart enough to know it. Up there, Cazaly!
Old Jul 10th 2004, 11:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
. When I say I lived in Brighton for 20 eyars most people talk about the stoney beach, .
nope for me it has to be the mods and rockers scrap in Quadrophenia
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Now that was a good scene wasn't it Hevs! And I remember when we first moved there and went looking for the alleyway where the - er - nooky - scene took place! Found it too!!!!
Old Jul 10th 2004, 9:51 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Now that was a good scene wasn't it Hevs! And I remember when we first moved there and went looking for the alleyway where the - er - nooky - scene took place! Found it too!!!!
Was Leslie Ash still there with her knees trembling