Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I Stay or Should I Go!!!?

Should I Stay or Should I Go!!!?

Old Sep 4th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go!!!?

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
If the company is NA then I may be able to put you in contact with someone who has worked for them.
We came over two years ago and rented out our UK house with an agent. Still original tenants in place and they plan on staying another 3 yrs. Only headache is Oz tax return!
Thanks for that rock. The company is called IATA. Working on 737NG & A320. Are you in industry? How you finding Perth?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Thanks for that rock. The company is called IATA. Working on 737NG & A320. Are you in industry? How you finding Perth?
Not heard of them - I'll enquire and see what I can find out. My mate has worked for both NA and Heliwest but is now living on a yacht in Townsville!!
I work in the renewables industry so don't know much about your industry. Finding Perth to be great especially with two young boys to raise, wife is missing the UK a bit, especially after going back there in May for a holiday. If you're going to be based at the airport, have a look at suburbs in the hills as it'll be an easy commute.

Last edited by rockpeblar; Sep 4th 2009 at 4:00 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:01 pm
Puk
Just Joined

Puk is an unknown quantity at this point

You can PM me if you want Puk, or post in this thread, I don't mind.
Check out aviationjobsearch. What's your types?
I cannot PM you yet 'cause I just joint BE to contact you, funny

But, ok.
I saw you recently had your visa, and already have a job offer. So I did wonder how you did that.
I've got my visa and trying to get a job offer as well.
I've sent an email to a contact person at Macrorecruitment, an email to ALG, and an email to AMSA, all didn't reply.
I tried VB online application, negative.
I tried QF online application, no word yet.

So while I have the impression that it's a hard time, you just came through.
Isn't the company called IASA i.s.o. IATA?
I was thinking about them...might give it a go...

My types: B737-3/4/5, B757, B767, MD-11 (all B1) and F70/100 cat A in the past, and currently A320 family cat A

I'm just hoping you or anybody can get me going a bit, anything might help
Old Sep 5th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Puk
I cannot PM you yet 'cause I just joint BE to contact you, funny

But, ok.
I saw you recently had your visa, and already have a job offer. So I did wonder how you did that.
I've got my visa and trying to get a job offer as well.
I've sent an email to a contact person at Macrorecruitment, an email to ALG, and an email to AMSA, all didn't reply.
I tried VB online application, negative.
I tried QF online application, no word yet.

So while I have the impression that it's a hard time, you just came through.
Isn't the company called IASA i.s.o. IATA?
I was thinking about them...might give it a go...

My types: B737-3/4/5, B757, B767, MD-11 (all B1) and F70/100 cat A in the past, and currently A320 family cat A

I'm just hoping you or anybody can get me going a bit, anything might help
Puk, the company is IASA, nothing to do with IATA. They are quite small (it was the MD who offered me the position). I haven't been in contact with any other companies out there. I do know of a mech who has had a successful telephone interview with Qantas in Brisbane hangar. With your types you should be able to get something!!! I'm B2 by the way. Let me know how you get on mate
Old Sep 5th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
Not heard of them - I'll enquire and see what I can find out. My mate has worked for both NA and Heliwest but is now living on a yacht in Townsville!!
I work in the renewables industry so don't know much about your industry. Finding Perth to be great especially with two young boys to raise, wife is missing the UK a bit, especially after going back there in May for a holiday. If you're going to be based at the airport, have a look at suburbs in the hills as it'll be an easy commute.
Good to hear about you enjoying Perth. I have two boys as well (4 and 2).
Brisbane was our first choice, but to be honest, it's really down to where I can get a decent job! Too many jocks in Perth for ma liking
Old Sep 6th 2009, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane was our first choice, but to be honest, it's really down to where I can get a decent job! Too many jocks in Perth for ma liking
Too many jocks most places but Scotland apparently!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Our boys are 3 and 1 so similar ages. A bit of a nightmare at times though!! Thankfully there's lots of wide open spaces for them to run around to wear themselves out.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Company is called IASA not IATA.........Doh!!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Too many jocks most places but Scotland apparently!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:20 am
Puk
Just Joined

Puk is an unknown quantity at this point

Good-on-ya Nelbhoy! So you got a job on your first attempt

Any change that mech you know has a phonenumber or emailaddress for me (PM)? Brissy would be perfect for me with regards to my cover.

Thanks mate
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

So, you made your mind up yet NB?