Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

should i go back to the uk?

should i go back to the uk?

Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:13 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: should i go back to the uk?

I cannot believe some of the crap being posted on this thread, mostly driven by the posters own biased opinions and THEIR personal situation, which has bugger all to do with the OP and their situation!

Lets just push aside the GLOBAL financial situation, because, in reality, it does not matter which one of these countries you go to, ALL of them will have issues in this rgard. You have already had job issues in Aus.
It will depend on what field of employment you are in too. My OH is a nurse and we are waiting to go back to UK. Contrary to the doom and gloom posted on here, in the last few weeks he has had 2 recruiters contacting HIM for work and had 10 different vacancies emailed to him.

Personally, I feel you need to assess where you want to live and would feel happiest right now. You dont appear to be that happy in Aus, I'm not sure if you have any experience of Canada, or what your reasons were to actually leave UK in the first place, but i would really conenctrate more on where you want to be and then sort out the work aspect.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spilko
ha ha

In one year's time Brown will have the worst ratings of any British PM ever. The UK will be deep in recession , in debt and unemployment will hit 3 million.Labour will have no chance.
this is why torries will not win they always have to look down on people & gloat over others if they were more positive maybe but they all seem so depressed to me.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:53 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

And all that may be true for a few but all these cuts will just increase the already record debts and massive borrowing allowed by this idiot chancellor/PM. Gordon Brown will go down as the worst of both that the UK has ever seen. He truly is a criminal for whats he has done to the UK economy.
I thought that the UK had undergone the longest period of economic growth in decades (higher growth than most EU countries) and had avoided some of the problems other countries experienced such as the 2001 downturn in the US or the high unemployment in Fance. Is this wrong?

When this is all over and labour are trounced at the next election, the Tories will have as big and as tough a job as they did in the 80s to pull the economy around again. people in the UK will be paying off Blairs/Browns bad debt for 20 years. Sadly, the UK is in the worst position of any Western country to cope with this problem; 10 years ago it would have been in the best position.
I've heard this said a lot recently but have not seen anyone expand on the reasons, can you tell us why the UK is in the worst position?
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by markallwood
"schoolies rampaging"....wow, that sounds incredibly scary.

Sounds like Perth is really going to the dogs, as you say. How can you go about your day-to-day life in such a dangerous environment?
I think it was hyped up somewhat by the media. I was just highlighting that Perth as many of the same social problems as the UK (unfortunately).
Old Dec 13th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jemma1;
even though your hubbys job has fallen through why does he not apply for other work, what field of work is he into, if he has a trade or proffesional he will get work no problems at all.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Fleaflyfloflum;

well said i could not agree more in what you have said, you have hit the nail right on the head. i would be asking the person why they have NOT applied for other work even if its out of there comfort zone also what was the reason for leaving the UK in the 1st place, Canada looks nice & pretty but is it the place to live they must ask themself