Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should i b happy?

Should i b happy?

Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:12 pm
HARIBO_KID

Question Should i b happy?

we r moving 2 oz, and i cant w8 to escape the chavs. but i will miss my m8s, really bad. Im only 14 and i think we r going in november nxt year. i am happy to leave uk, but sad to leave my m8s, should i be happy?

Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:23 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should i b happy?

Originally Posted by HARIBO_KID
we r moving 2 oz, and i cant w8 to escape the chavs. but i will miss my m8s, really bad. Im only 14 and i think we r going in november nxt year. i am happy to leave uk, but sad to leave my m8s, should i be happy?

I think you should be excited about your new life and the possibilities that the future may hold, Happiness is not something to contemplate until you have experienced it. Just be excited, that may induce happiness.-
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the rough

I am sure that you will miss your friends, and you can still stay in contact with them, the computer revolution!!!

And don't forget you will soon make new friends, so you will have the best of both!!! So exciting enjoy yourself and relish in the opportunities that are coming your way!!!!

Regards

Donna
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Friends come and friends go, you will learn that later in life wherever you may be.

No doubt you will make lots of new friends in Oz, and those left behind will still be your mates, however as time goes by, you will hear less and less from them, until one day they will become aquaintances from your past. May sound sad, but that is the way life goes.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

My fiancé's niece moved to Brisbane 2 years ago, when she was 14 too. She found it hard at first, but like all the rest of us who are doing this journey now, she just worked hard at it and pushed herself to make the effort to meet new people, and now she is really happy there. You will be fine

But be warned, when I went out at Christmas last year I spied some Burberry, so it might not be entirely chav free.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:15 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I think like most of us at some point, you will go through a range of emotions and feelings towards emigrating. Some days you will probably be very excited and can't wait for it to happen, other days won't be so easy and you'll only be able to think of what you are leaving behind. Possibly it's harder at your age because you have all those teenage hormones raging that can make you feel unsure of what you want from life, and where you want to be. You can always keep in touch with your mates back in England - they'll probably be very jealous when the time comes - but over time, as others have said, those friendships will fade gradually as you change and get older. That's part of growing up anyway, but you may notice it more because your outlook on life will be shaped by the people you are with in Oz, all the new friends you will make, and by the culture here, and that outlook possibly won't be shared by the mates you leave in England.

For young people coming to Oz, the sky can be the limit, I imagine. I believe there are fantastic opportunities here and I hope you will be very happy here, but ultimately if you don't settle the UK will always be there for you to visit or return to for Uni or whatever.

Give it a chance, and don't have any expectations of how you should feel. Anyone here will tell you it's completely normal to feel positive and negative in turn about the immigration experience - so don't beat yourself up if you don't feel that excited right now. It'll almost certainly come...

Good luck,

Sue