Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

short yet funny migration story

short yet funny migration story

Old May 6th 2005, 5:47 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default short yet funny migration story

Back in the 1950's there was a deal where by you could migrate to Australia from the UK for £10. The people that did this were nick named the ten pound poms.
A friend of ours decided to go but at the last minute changed her mind because her fiance didn't want to go.
A few months later they split up.
The girl decided she would now go to Australia but had no money to buy her ticket.
"I know" she said to herself, "I'll become a stowaway"
One night she nipped down to the docks and climbed aboard a boat, found the crews supply quarters and hid amongst the boxes.
The following night a member of crew went down to the supplies and heard some rustling. After a bit of rooting around he found the girl.
"What are you doing on here" he said.
"I'm a stowaway" replied the girl, "heading for Australia".
"Oh", came the reply, "You must be hungry and cold. I tell you what, you look after me and I'll look after you".
"Ok" said the girl, glad to hear she would be safe and taken care of.

A week or so later another member of crew entered the supply quarters.
"I'm ready for you" he heard someone say in a feminine yet husky voice. He turned around to see a half naked girl peering from behind some boxes.
"What on earth are you doing down here, you'll catch your death" said the man".
"I'm a stowaway heading for Australia, one of your crew mates is looking after me in return for favours," she said.
"Really", said the man, "he's having you on good and proper love, this is the Isle of White ferry".

This was told to me by one of my clients at work today so I thought I'd pass it on.
Marie
Old May 6th 2005, 6:47 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: short yet funny migration story

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Back in the 1950's there was a deal where by you could migrate to Australia from the UK for £10. The people that did this were nick named the ten pound poms.
A friend of ours decided to go but at the last minute changed her mind because her fiance didn't want to go.
A few months later they split up.
The girl decided she would now go to Australia but had no money to buy her ticket.
"I know" she said to herself, "I'll become a stowaway"
One night she nipped down to the docks and climbed aboard a boat, found the crews supply quarters and hid amongst the boxes.
The following night a member of crew went down to the supplies and heard some rustling. After a bit of rooting around he found the girl.
"What are you doing on here" he said.
"I'm a stowaway" replied the girl, "heading for Australia".
"Oh", came the reply, "You must be hungry and cold. I tell you what, you look after me and I'll look after you".
"Ok" said the girl, glad to hear she would be safe and taken care of.

A week or so later another member of crew entered the supply quarters.
"I'm ready for you" he heard someone say in a feminine yet husky voice. He turned around to see a half naked girl peering from behind some boxes.
"What on earth are you doing down here, you'll catch your death" said the man".
"I'm a stowaway heading for Australia, one of your crew mates is looking after me in return for favours," she said.
"Really", said the man, "he's having you on good and proper love, this is the Isle of White ferry".

This was told to me by one of my clients at work today so I thought I'd pass it on.
Marie
I bet she is still there now ! ! !

I cant beleive it takes about an hour to get to 'ill de blanc' and that probably explains why, you can get to France quicker!

Nicer people on the IOW though!