Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short term accomodation - Melbourne

Short term accomodation - Melbourne

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Question Short term accomodation - Melbourne

Just wondering if I can pick a few people brains. I know I'm being very cheeky

I'm looking into setting up a buissness renting out house(s) on short term basis and geared towards the immigrant market.

Looking at 3 bedroomed furnished houses in suburban area close to public transport.
With computer, printer and broadband to help with job applications
Relocation and settling in guides, and providing some of the forms people will need when they first get there
Airport pickup and basic provisions upon arrival
No need for references from australia (though security bond will be requested)
Pets allowed

So what I was wondering if anyone thinks this is something they would be interested in (generally speaking i mean, just wondering if its the sort of thing there is a market for)

What sort of price people would be willing to pay. I'm trying to hit the middle of furnished long term accomodation and serviced appartments- does that sound about right?
Is there anything else you would want when you first arrived in a new city and country.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

TazDevil is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Short term accomodation - Melbourne

I think it is a fantastic idea. We are planning to move over June or August this year. I am sure there are families out there who are looking to move over without any accomodation set up. What a Wonderful idea as people may not want the usual 6 months let, less stress.....
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:53 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term accomodation - Melbourne

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Just wondering if I can pick a few people brains. I know I'm being very cheeky

I'm looking into setting up a buissness renting out house(s) on short term basis and geared towards the immigrant market.

Looking at 3 bedroomed furnished houses in suburban area close to public transport.
With computer, printer and broadband to help with job applications
Relocation and settling in guides, and providing some of the forms people will need when they first get there
Airport pickup and basic provisions upon arrival
No need for references from australia (though security bond will be requested)
Pets allowed

So what I was wondering if anyone thinks this is something they would be interested in (generally speaking i mean, just wondering if its the sort of thing there is a market for)

What sort of price people would be willing to pay. I'm trying to hit the middle of furnished long term accomodation and serviced appartments- does that sound about right?
Is there anything else you would want when you first arrived in a new city and country.

Quick question what part of melbourne are you thinking?
Old Feb 4th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thebears
Quick question what part of melbourne are you thinking?
Probably Essendon area as its relatively close to the airport and city centre, and is well connected.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 5:13 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I would be interested in principle but am going to Eastern suburbs.
You might want to do some research on the areas that expats head for.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 7:17 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I would be interested in principle but am going to Eastern suburbs.
You might want to do some research on the areas that expats head for.
Originally Posted by hereshoping
Probably Essendon area as its relatively close to the airport and city centre, and is well connected.
My feeling is you are using Essendon for price considerations first and then bringing in proximity to airport and city cntre to justify it?

You are better to look at the south east area between CBD and mornington as this seems the biggest catchment area. Your market will be both recent arrivals and people on their reccies who want to be close as possible to where they intend to live - not the airport or necessarily the CBD.

Just my thoughts -
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Actually thinking essendon as my Husband used to live there- years ago mind, but outside of the city it's the area we know best.

I'm off now to do some research into eastern/ southeastern suburbs

thanks
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Blooregard Q Kazoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you had a look at www.gumtree.com.au ?