Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short term accomodation in Melbourne

Short term accomodation in Melbourne

Old Apr 4th 2006, 5:11 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term accomodation in Melbourne

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Malvern is the Major centre for Jews in this City. Expect a Golders Green type social scene.
How ironic then that we used to live in Finchley Central - just up the road from GG
Old Apr 4th 2006, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term accomodation in Melbourne

Originally Posted by thebears
How ironic then that we used to live in Finchley Central - just up the road from GG

Lol, then Moseltoff to you

I hope you enjoy your new home.

Footnote, I walked away from the Keyboard, and thought about that Inner east party of the city.... I would say that in Hindsight it probably is the best area that one could live in, in Melbourne. I dont know a hell of a lot about the Area.. It has all the amenties that the Inner North has... (no more no less) Is slightly greener, and probably better grade shopping strips. The only Areas in the Inner North that would be considered as the same level as any area out that way would be, Fitzroy.. Carlton, and Parkville, and probably soon Brunswick...

However 10 years ago, any place over there would have been 100 pct dearer than my place here in Coburg.. They would be now in the vicinity of 60-80 pct more expensive than the rapidly gentrifiying inner north. Long term this area will probably go to within 33 to 40 pct of the values over there. Which equates to an improvement in the streetscapes and shopping strips in this area.

Still would I swap my place for a place over there.... Yes probably.... Reason being a lot closer to inner city beaches, that I had never considered visiting..

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Apr 4th 2006 at 5:27 am.