Reload this Page >

Short term accomodation in Melbourne

Short term accomodation in Melbourne

Old Mar 25th 2006, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

jery_wang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short term accomodation in Melbourne

Hi,

Could someone tell me how I can rent temporarily an apartment only for 2 weeks - 1 month only while I am looking for a house to rent in Melbourne.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Jerry
Old Mar 25th 2006, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

ladyjoan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Short term accomodation in Melbourne

Hi Jerry,
I have used MICM (Melbourne Inner City Managment) and they have serviced furnished apartments very close to the city and transport links and are quite reasonable.They have a web site micm.com.au I have used them and they come highly recommended.
Good luck

Originally Posted by jery_wang
Hi,

Could someone tell me how I can rent temporarily an apartment only for 2 weeks - 1 month only while I am looking for a house to rent in Melbourne.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Jerry
Old Mar 25th 2006, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, Thanks,

Which part of Melbourne suburb do you stay now (renting or owning a house)? Any recommendation of good suburbs for family with young kids?

Kind Regards,
Jerry
Originally Posted by ladyjoan
Hi Jerry,
I have used MICM (Melbourne Inner City Managment) and they have serviced furnished apartments very close to the city and transport links and are quite reasonable.They have a web site micm.com.au I have used them and they come highly recommended.
Good luck
Old Mar 25th 2006, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

ladyjoan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jerry,
Sorry I can't help on that score as I am still in the UK but only weeks away from my final visa and hope to be in Melbourne in May/June. Its just that I am a regular visitor and I use them.
Suggest a new thread with the question of suburds.
Best wishes

Hi, Thanks,

Which part of Melbourne suburb do you stay now (renting or owning a house)? Any recommendation of good suburbs for family with young kids?

Kind Regards,
Jerry
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

We are moving in June. I heard that eastern suburb is good. But I know, Melbourne is such a huge place, just by saying eastern, western or northern is not enough.

Best wishes to you too.
Kind Regards,
Jerry
Originally Posted by ladyjoan
Hi Jerry,
Sorry I can't help on that score as I am still in the UK but only weeks away from my final visa and hope to be in Melbourne in May/June. Its just that I am a regular visitor and I use them.
Suggest a new thread with the question of suburds.
Best wishes
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the suburbs in Melbourne are good, it is just a matter of personal preference. Personally I'm not a fan of the eastern side of the city but I think I'm in the minority
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:11 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Try the Quest serviced apartments. There are several around the city, at various prices.
Really handy.

Cas
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Abject_Rage will become famous soon enoughAbject_Rage will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Jerry

Jerry, we're staying in the Quest serviced apartments right now, in Frankston. They're very nice but expensive - $150 a day - so you burn through your money pretty quickly staying in them!

As for suburbs, it probably depends on how much money you want to spend, the size of the place you want, and how far from, or close to, the CBD you need to be.

I work in the suburbs, so can easily live in Bayside. Most places in Bayside seem lovely (CAVEAT - i've only been here a week or 2!) for families, but I suppose in terms of living communities, you should look at Patterson Lakes, Aspendale Gardens or Mt Eliza in that area. No idea about the E. suburbs, although a Mel resident friend recommended Albert Park as a nice area for families, when I asked. We can't afford that!
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:08 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Most of the suburbs in Melbourne are good, it is just a matter of personal preference. Personally I'm not a fan of the eastern side of the city but I think I'm in the minority
Not only in the minority, but weird too.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

The eastern suburbs are great for Car lovers

I would guesstimate, that the average Eastern Burbs resident, spends 100 pct more time in their car than anyone in the North or West.

Distance from the CBD, and lack of public transport infrastructure being the main cause for this.

So factor in a nice car.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Any advice on the north/west suburbs?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

I would guesstimate, that the average Eastern Burbs resident, spends 100 pct more time in their car than anyone in the North or West.

Distance from the CBD, and lack of public transport infrastructure being the main cause for this.

So factor in a nice car.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice on the north/west suburbs?

West..... Williamstown, Essendon, Keilor Village.

North.... Northcote, Brunswick, Greensborough, Eltham.

All have Good transport links to the city. The longest car trip to the CBD, with any of those will be circa 25 mins.

My Personal picks out of those would be Either Northcote, for a city Environment... Or Eltham for a Rural one. The Drawback with Eltham and Keilor... No trams.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Apr 3rd 2006 at 1:16 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:18 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Try the Quest serviced apartments. There are several around the city, at various prices.
Really handy.

Cas
We are booked in to the Quest in South Yarra (Caroline Street) for the first 6 weeks - they seem very friendly and helpful.

Kiwi
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:21 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

So factor in a nice car.
What about the cycle tracks I see on my Melways? Are these not used very much? We will be in Malvern and will need a car for the family but plan to either Tram/Train or cycle into work depending on weather and my fitness
Old Apr 4th 2006, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by thebears
What about the cycle tracks I see on my Melways? Are these not used very much? We will be in Malvern and will need a car for the family but plan to either Tram/Train or cycle into work depending on weather and my fitness

Malvern is nice and close in, Only 13ks from the CBD, so you will enjoy that environment. The Central suburbs stop, and the Eastern Suburbs basically start At Doncaster. Plenty of Bike tracks all over Melbourne.

In fact Malvern is regarded so Highly that it is the centre of a Major prize by the Queensland lottery Group "boystown" With the Extras the prize is Worth 1.2 mill.

http://www.boystown.com.au/lifestyle/

BTW, Few people outside of Melbourne, except for said group, realise that Malvern is the Major centre for Jews in this City. Expect a Golders Green type social scene.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Apr 4th 2006 at 4:30 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.