Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Scotland to Qld (containers??)

Shipping Scotland to Qld (containers??)

Old Jun 15th 2018, 11:50 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Shipping Scotland to Qld (containers??)

Has anyone any recent experience of shipping Scotland to Oz (about an hour from the Gold Coast)? I'm trying to get a current ballpark figure on a 20ft container (I have around 7000 books I'm contemplating moving - I know, it's insane, but I'm a librarian so it's a hazard of the job).

I can't seem to communicate this to the various companies (have contacted many) who demand an itemised inventory or want to know how many bedrooms we have. We just want an idea - if it's too expensive we're leaving them behind.

Cheers x
Old Jun 15th 2018, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

spence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nicespence501 is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping Scotland to Qld (containers??)

Hi there, we shipped a 20ft container from Aberdeen to Melbourne 3 years ago. Cost was around £4500 if I remember correctly. Wouldn't think that price would have changed too much since. Hope that helps
Old Jun 16th 2018, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Look into Movecube MoveCube - Your Own Small Shipping Crate - Seven Seas Worldwide. We used the 'online estimator' however found out on the day we fit in so much more into the 'cube' that we cancelled using six of the large 'excess shipping boxes'.

We shipped Scotland to Brisbane about ten months ago using a large movecube (had an excellent packer/helper from the company). It was door to door (literally) and cost us £750.14 UK side and $903.10 AUD once delivered here in Australia. Would definitely use them again if we needed to move with the items we have.

Sizes are :-
Small: Height 1.871m Width 1.114m Length 0.964m Volume 2.01m³
Medium: Height 1.871m Width 1.464m Length 1.112m Volume 3.05m³
Large:Height 1.871m Width 1.464m Length 2.264m Volume 6.20m³
Old Jun 16th 2018, 11:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saoghalbeag
Has anyone any recent experience of shipping Scotland to Oz (about an hour from the Gold Coast)? I'm trying to get a current ballpark figure on a 20ft container (I have around 7000 books I'm contemplating moving - I know, it's insane, but I'm a librarian so it's a hazard of the job).

I can't seem to communicate this to the various companies (have contacted many) who demand an itemised inventory or want to know how many bedrooms we have. We just want an idea - if it's too expensive we're leaving them behind.

Cheers x
Liverpool UK to Perth Australia - £3,600 for sole use of 20' container (including full packing service) £1,500 for (optional) marine insurance. Paid this 4 weeks ago.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 3:20 pm
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Thanks folks. Been quoted £3295 for 540 cubic feet (approx 16 cubic metres) by Anglo Pacific. Waiting to hear from others!