Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping quotes - what to ask

Shipping quotes - what to ask

Old Jan 4th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Shipping quotes - what to ask

I have shipping companies coming next week and the week after to give quotes. What questions should I be asking. Or are there questions you wished you'd asked.
Nicky x
Old Jan 4th 2007, 8:35 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping quotes - what to ask

When we had them around last month it seemed that they asked all the questions, and tell you whats allowed and what isnt. Be prepared for a variety of quotes....ours ranged from £2000 to £3500......C x
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
When we had them around last month it seemed that they asked all the questions, and tell you whats allowed and what isnt. Be prepared for a variety of quotes....ours ranged from £2000 to £3500......C x
No idea who you have coming round but I'd recommend Doree Bonners, done a great job for us. John Mason's also get good reviews.

There's not much to ask them, they turn up, pack your stuff into a container and then deliver it this end - no dramas!!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Haley & Craig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leechy100
I have shipping companies coming next week and the week after to give quotes. What questions should I be asking. Or are there questions you wished you'd asked.
Nicky x
I also recommend doree bonner superb service. Do not accept their first quote ask for at leat £200 off. With regards to questions it is helpful to know what you can and can't take, that their packers will help you with this, how quick your kit will arrive, procedures at this end, who their delivery agent in Australa is (i don't think they ever do it at both ends?), and about insurance etc.

Good luck

Craig
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
No idea who you have coming round but I'd recommend Doree Bonners, done a great job for us. John Mason's also get good reviews.

There's not much to ask them, they turn up, pack your stuff into a container and then deliver it this end - no dramas!!
We have doree bonners, PSS and Crown coming to give quotes. Is this enough or should we be asking more companies.
Nicky x
Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all

We have doree bonners, PSS and Crown coming to give quotes. Is this enough or should we be asking more companies.
Nicky x
I had Anglo Pacific around yesterday and they quoted me just over £1000, they were my first quote and I think it's ok so I'm sticking with them. The price includes them packing all the stuff, customs paperwork etc. Although I'm not taking that much I was expecting £1500 plus.

Might be worth trying them too.........
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jobart
I had Anglo Pacific around yesterday and they quoted me just over £1000, they were my first quote and I think it's ok so I'm sticking with them. The price includes them packing all the stuff, customs paperwork etc. Although I'm not taking that much I was expecting £1500 plus.

Might be worth trying them too.........
jobart - You should do a search on here about Anglo Pacific!

leechy100 - Maybe you should also get John Masons to come round?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:39 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky x
These might help....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382161

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379337

D D
Old Jan 5th 2007, 5:09 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

We just had the PSS guy around, they seem ok but I was annoyed about the DVD.

He gave us a PSS DVD which shows the horror story of someones belongings getting damaged in a TV show about emmigration. Also it shows a PSS customer who had the PSS owner turn up at the house for the move and surprisingly all their belongings arrived intact. The thing was we already have the DVD from which these clips are taken, in the full TV programme you see that the family blames Aussie customs as the things that are damaged have been taken out of the packaging to be inspected then thrown in any old box before being sent onto the family. I found the PSS DVD quite dishonest and the rep used it as a selling tool about using other firms.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 7:46 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky x
Best quote we have had was from Atlantic. First time ive heard of doree bonners anybody got a contact number??pleaseeeeeee........C x