Reload this Page >

Cod Head in Brisbane

Cod Head in Brisbane

Old Jan 1st 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

billywetpants will become famous soon enough
Default Cod Head in Brisbane

Hi Just like to introduce myself,
I,m Dean and have been in Brisbane (Logan area)for 6 months, married with 3 kids under 7 and I'm formally from the Hull area.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

ajbutler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cod Head in Brisbane

hello dean and family,
my names andrew,with my wife claire and we have 2 kids of 9 and 6. we live in the bath area and are looking to move to brisbane as soon as poss.waiting on employers to write my assesments out so i can get on with the visa applications. i was wondering if you used a company to help you do your paper work or if you did it yourself? if you did it yourself was it easy and straight forward? hope it all works out well for you all,thanks,andrew
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ajbutler
hello dean and family,
my names andrew,with my wife claire and we have 2 kids of 9 and 6. we live in the bath area and are looking to move to brisbane as soon as poss.waiting on employers to write my assesments out so i can get on with the visa applications. i was wondering if you used a company to help you do your paper work or if you did it yourself? if you did it yourself was it easy and straight forward? hope it all works out well for you all,thanks,andrew
Hi andrew
We used an agent and I still didn't find it easy. You probably could DIY with the help of forums as all the agent mainly did was check it all and help out here and there. I wrote out my employers assesments and he just signed them.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

ajbutler is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers dean,whats the average price of them,is it around 2-3 grand?
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

How are you getting on then, enjoying it?
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulainspain
How are you getting on then, enjoying it?
We are all getting on really well,lifes good and we plan to stay.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ajbutler
cheers dean,whats the average price of them,is it around 2-3 grand?
That sounds about right, can't remember excatly but there are loads of companies to choose from and you can haggle between different companies.

Dean
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi there Cod head!
we are presently in cleethorpes but will be heading brisbane way in september, hull is still the same we were there (the deep) three weeks ago!
Beth
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi Dean I'm Donna currently in a chilly and very windy Scotland. Myself and partner Neil are patiently waiting on word re our visa. We are hoping to be
in Brisbane by the middle of 2007. Glad to hear you and yours have settled and enjoying Brisbane, it's good to hear. Donna & Neil
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Cod Head!

Shouldnt that be cod 'ed? I'm originally from Hull, born Hessle Road then moved to Bransholme where I grew up - somebody had to didnt they?

I've been in Sydney for 6 years now, I have an Aussie hub and a 10 month old baby girl. Am actually starting to miss the UK now but couldnt imagine living in Hull again I'm afraid. Maybe the Beautiful South?

Enjoy Brissy!

Jo
Old Jan 5th 2007, 12:28 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billywetpants
I,m Dean and have been in Brisbane (Logan area)for 6 months, married with 3 kids under 7 and I'm formally from the Hull area.
Hi Dean
Also married with 3 kids (just one under 7!) and in Logan area (Tanah Merah).
Which suburb are you in?

Andrew (as well!)
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rubyredlips
Hi Cod Head!

Shouldnt that be cod 'ed? I'm originally from Hull, born Hessle Road then moved to Bransholme where I grew up - somebody had to didnt they?

I've been in Sydney for 6 years now, I have an Aussie hub and a 10 month old baby girl. Am actually starting to miss the UK now but couldnt imagine living in Hull again I'm afraid. Maybe the Beautiful South?

Enjoy Brissy!

Jo
Hi Joe Your right it should be Cod ed from Ull but I'm always getiing corrected and asked "you what" at work as they find the accent a little difficult and amusing but I will endeavor to educate the heathens about Ull speak.

Dean
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrew63
Hi Dean
Also married with 3 kids (just one under 7!) and in Logan area (Tanah Merah).
Which suburb are you in?

Andrew (as well!)
Hi Andrew were renting in Regent's Park but will be moving somewhere a bit more rural soon, still in this areaish.

Dean
Old Jan 5th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Cod Head in Brisbane

Originally Posted by billywetpants
Happy new year to all and Hi we are from manchester and still in the early days of applying to oz hopeing to be heading to brisbane got two kids age 8 and 6 dont know whats braver moving to oz or having 3 kids under 7 :scared: nice to hear your enjoying life downunder