Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping quotes so far:

Shipping quotes so far:

Old Oct 17th 2006, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping quotes so far:

Originally Posted by iPom
Now play one off against the other and get the price down... You need to say 'We really prefer you but DB have quoted this... can you match it?'

Going with EVL, they turn up tomorrow. Have had a couple of dilemmas with office staff re invoices/quotes/predelivery of a few boxes. Hoping the crew tomorrow will make up for the office errors and that everything turns up ok in Perth. Will keep you all posted.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 10:42 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpa34
Going with EVL, they turn up tomorrow. Have had a couple of dilemmas with office staff re invoices/quotes/predelivery of a few boxes. Hoping the crew tomorrow will make up for the office errors and that everything turns up ok in Perth. Will keep you all posted.
best of luck,keep us posted !
Old Oct 17th 2006, 10:45 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi rpa.
We had problems with Doree Bonner office staff on a couple of occasions (I had serious doubts), but their service was excellent. I don't necessarily think it follows that if the office is a bit rubbish (you might get someone on an off day for example) then the rest will be.

Best of luck with it all and let us know how it goes.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:18 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck. Keep us posted.
Hopefully we will have our stuff ready next week for people to come and give us quotes.

Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:02 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice
Smile Re: Shipping quotes so far:

Hi - just getting these quotes too!
we have too much stuff and are well over a 20 container. What did you all do about insurance? I have Dorree Bonner say 'only our is real insurance' and Anglo pacific say 'don't believe what Dorree Bonner say' !!
also is there a thread about the horrible insurance forms and the cost of new in Aus? I am running out of time and starting to panic!
thanks everyone
too much stuff in surrey (Lotte)
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by charlotte
we have too much stuff and are well over a 20 container. What did you all do about insurance? I have Dorree Bonner say 'only our is real insurance' and Anglo pacific say 'don't believe what Dorree Bonner say' !!
also is there a thread about the horrible insurance forms and the cost of new in Aus? I am running out of time and starting to panic!
thanks everyone

Hiya, having read a lot of the shipping threads, a lot of people seem to take the insurance out through Letton Percival instead of with the shipping company (I believe they are one of the agents the shipping company use anyway) and this apparently usually works out slightly cheaper?. I would say that I haven't organised my own shipping yet but this was my intention when I get to that bit after reading all the threads on here.

Hope this helps.

Nikki
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:34 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlotte
thanks everyone
Have just (this morning!) completed our insurance form with Letton Percival... It was a doddle... Talk to John Leaver on 0151 236 4568
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice

Hi, we're having a dilema whether to ship some stuff in half container & buy what we need out there, or DIY shipping & save a few quid (this option gives me a headache just thinking about it though!!).

Just sold house yesterday, planning move to Perth for beginning/mid Jan 07, when should we be getting serious quotes???

Help!

x x
Old Oct 19th 2006, 9:52 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jo&neil
Hi, we're having a dilema whether to ship some stuff in half container & buy what we need out there, or DIY shipping & save a few quid (this option gives me a headache just thinking about it though!!).

Just sold house yesterday, planning move to Perth for beginning/mid Jan 07, when should we be getting serious quotes???

Help!

x x
This probably doesn't help at all but we leave in 10 days and haven't had any quotes yet talk about leaving things till the last minute.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Help!

x x
IMO, yes, get quotes now, because it will take a bit of time for you to make a decision. They usually like about 2-3 months in advance, although we did ours in a lot less.

As for shipping stuff, a lot of people over here say, and I agree with them because I wish we'd done this, is to bring everything that you possess that's good quality that you need. If you like it, bring it. At least if you don't use it or whatever once it's here, you can sell it, usually for more than you would have done in the UK! It's hard work replacing stuff you could have bought, and there's a certain element of regret for not bringing certain things that you then have to replace - esp when those things are more expensive than you thought.

Research well - lots of threads here on this subject.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Glenat
This probably doesn't help at all but we leave in 10 days and haven't had any quotes yet talk about leaving things till the last minute.
Ummm, get ringing, because you might not be able to get anyone at short notice! I really hope you can. Best of luck!

Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:15 am
Juicer Member

Originally Posted by iPom
Ummm, get ringing, because you might not be able to get anyone at short notice! I really hope you can. Best of luck!

That's exactly what I'm doing now

We are leaving stuff at my Mom's anyway, and the shipping company can pick it up when they are free hopefully in the middle of November. Then we should have an address to send it to.

I know I've left it late though. I hate tidying through stuff, but we are only moving a few items as we both live with our parents anyway, so no furniture etc.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 12:47 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

What do you mean by DIY shipping? Not using a container company?
Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

jo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nicejo&neil is just really nice

I know this may sound like a silly question, but do we need an address in Perth, when we book the shipping company?? We will be looking to move around in the first couple of weeks until we find a suitable rental accommodation in an area we like, we wont have an address until we have been there a few weeks!!!

x x
Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:28 pm
Juicer Member

Originally Posted by Glenat
That's exactly what I'm doing now

We are leaving stuff at my Mom's anyway, and the shipping company can pick it up when they are free hopefully in the middle of November. Then we should have an address to send it to.

I know I've left it late though. I hate tidying through stuff, but we are only moving a few items as we both live with our parents anyway, so no furniture etc.
Have had a quote for £532 with John Masons, (not including insurance etc.) not as bad as I was expecting but we'll see what Doree Bonner say on Wednesday. Phew, at least we have one quote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.