Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping quotes so far:

Shipping quotes so far:

Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:13 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping quotes so far:

Blimey you lot are getting fantastic prices, we have been quoted for shipping and them to pack everything to Adelaide

Masons - £3745
Doree Bonner - £3400

How come ours is soooooo much more expensive??
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by toon williams
Blimey you lot are getting fantastic prices, we have been quoted for shipping and them to pack everything to Adelaide

Masons - £3745
Doree Bonner - £3400

How come ours is soooooo much more expensive??
but is yours sole use container? My quotes are for sharing.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:52 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

rpa34 - check this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...79#post3957079

"We used European Van Lines to move us to Brisbane....they are based in Staines Middlesex.

They turned up, packed the lot in a day (although they had predicted it would takes 2) the container arrived EARLY this end..they unpacked this end and not one single item was damaged or broken (or stolen!!!!!!)The removal guys this end commented on what a fantastic packing job they had done....20 ft for £2950"
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by datamile

"We used European Van Lines to move us to Brisbane....they are based in Staines Middlesex.

They turned up, packed the lot in a day (although they had predicted it would takes 2) the container arrived EARLY this end..they unpacked this end and not one single item was damaged or broken (or stolen!!!!!!)The removal guys this end commented on what a fantastic packing job they had done....20 ft for £2950"
blimey thats excellent. things are looking in their favour.
cheers for that.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

how many men turned up?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:21 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't us... I'm interest because they are 3 miles down the road from us.

Everyone appears to go for the big 5 names, and I was wondering what the other guys are like.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

It wasn't us... I'm interest because they are 3 miles down the road from us.

Everyone appears to go for the big 5 names, and I was wondering what the other guys are like.
Hoping to get more feedback on European Van lines today. Midwifetania used them and rated them highly so thats a plus!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, we have finally decided to go with European Van lines. DB & Excess were good at reducing quotes & I would have been happy to go with eirther but EVL came in at £2375 and it was too good to pass up. They are yet to have anyone say a negative thing about them on this site, so fingers crossed all will go smoothly. Packers arrive next Wednesday (18th Oct) and they think they'll do it all in a day.
Will let you know how it all goes. Meanwhile its back to scrubbing shoes, strollers & remote control 4 wheel drive trucks (dont ask- not mine... belong to OH, groan).
Old Oct 11th 2006, 1:15 pm
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rpa34
Well, we have finally decided to go with European Van lines. DB & Excess were good at reducing quotes & I would have been happy to go with eirther but EVL came in at £2375 and it was too good to pass up. They are yet to have anyone say a negative thing about them on this site, so fingers crossed all will go smoothly. Packers arrive next Wednesday (18th Oct) and they think they'll do it all in a day.
Will let you know how it all goes. Meanwhile its back to scrubbing shoes, strollers & remote control 4 wheel drive trucks (dont ask- not mine... belong to OH, groan).
Thanks for letting us know these things. I need to sort out shipping asap and I think I'll give these guys a call.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future

We finally agreed with Dorree on a figure of £2850 for approx 620cc ft and 2.5% for insurance. They even agreed to come on the date we wanted

PSS refused to reduce their price of approx £2780 and 2.8% Insurance. Also they could not come on the date we wanted and did not call us back.

John Masons at first refused to reduce the price but then got a call matching the Dooree figures after we agreed with Dorree.

Crown was the cheapest quote £2720 but did not want to go with them because of the bad publicity.

In the end we stuck with Dorree because they made the effort (calling us several times and even increasing the capacity. Also thier payment terms were better.

If this is of any help to anyone
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BPadhiar
We finally agreed with Dorree on a figure of £2850 for approx 620cc ft and 2.5% for insurance. They even agreed to come on the date we wanted

PSS refused to reduce their price of approx £2780 and 2.8% Insurance. Also they could not come on the date we wanted and did not call us back.

John Masons at first refused to reduce the price but then got a call matching the Dooree figures after we agreed with Dorree.

Crown was the cheapest quote £2720 but did not want to go with them because of the bad publicity.

In the end we stuck with Dorree because they made the effort (calling us several times and even increasing the capacity. Also thier payment terms were better.

If this is of any help to anyone
I must admit I was impressed with Doree, final qte of £2650 for 650 feet & they did try hard to assist you and very knowledgable.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:26 pm
DownUnder

I guess that they haven't been many to use evl, so everyone will be interested to see how it turns out.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice

I guess that they haven't been many to use evl, so everyone will be interested to see how it turns out.
Anyone heard of autoshippers.co.uk? I just got a very cheap quote from them. £1800 for a 2 bed house. About £400 cheaper than auto shippers.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rpa34
Just called them and they have quoted £2450. Now I have a real dilemma. Excess have come down to £2600. Dorree down to £2650 and now this quote from EVL £2450.
Its decision time...
Now play one off against the other and get the price down... You need to say 'We really prefer you but DB have quoted this... can you match it?'

Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:51 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

we used Dorree Bonner and can highly recommend them. the packing in the uk was first class, even managed to take more stuff than we had agreed to.

when our stuff arrived this end, the guys from grace were great, unpacked everything, got rid of all the rubbish, and helped reassemble all the furniture, and much to our relief, nothing broken, so all in all, a good experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.