Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Quote And Recommendation

Shipping Quote And Recommendation

Old Jun 25th 2013, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping Quote And Recommendation

I used Pickfords but wasn't that keen on them. They were my employers favoured people. I actually used them again due to that to move interstate. I think it depends on the actual team you get on the day rather than the actual company itself. A number of people at my work were brought over at the same time and each had different opinions on them.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

LewisLane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what does it cost to ship to Oz

Hi,
I'm trying to get a bit of guidance on who are good for Shipment of goods and possessions to Australia. I'm shipping a 4 bedroom house content down to Sydney.

Does anyone have any preference or suggestions on a good company? What sort of price should I be looking at for a full shipment. I have done some calc's and have a volume of around 1600 cubic feet capacity, no pet's no outdoor stuff, and no special items needing crates or anything like that.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what does it cost to ship to Oz

Best way forward is to get a number of quotes from shipping companies - but get them to visit and do their calculations for the amount you have to ship. For the shipping company, it's a bit difficult if you don't say where (what area) you're shipping from.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

5 years ago, with insurance and for a 40 foot container it cost us over $8000. That included 3 specially made cases for musical instruments and tv's, and packing up the house and unpacking when the stuff arrived this side.

Luckily the firm paid for it!!
Old Jun 29th 2013, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LewisLane
Hi,
I'm trying to get a bit of guidance on who are good for Shipment of goods and possessions to Australia. I'm shipping a 4 bedroom house content down to Sydney.

Does anyone have any preference or suggestions on a good company? What sort of price should I be looking at for a full shipment. I have done some calc's and have a volume of around 1600 cubic feet capacity, no pet's no outdoor stuff, and no special items needing crates or anything like that.
Can't remember who we used by name, but I think their logo was a black cat. Anyway, had no problems with them....
Old Jun 29th 2013, 4:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LewisLane
Hi,

Hi Lewis,

I've moved your thread to the main forum, and merged it with previous questions, as this is a regular ask. Have a read of previous answers, and you will find some links to the removals section of the forum, as well as personal experiences.

Good luck