Shipping quote

Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:04 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default Shipping quote

Hi all,

Got a shipping quote today from Goodwins, went to them first as they are round the corner from our house,

From Grimsby to Wanaka 250cft door to door £1340 inc vat and all paperwork

Is this good, can anyone let me know if we could get it cheaper, although i understand cheaper isnt always better!!!

any info greatly received !

Lottie

Anyone wanna buy a house?
Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:17 pm
WBB

Default Re: Shipping quote

Originally posted by TiggerLottie
Hi all,

Got a shipping quote today from Goodwins, went to them first as they are round the corner from our house,

Is this good, can anyone let me know if we could get it cheaper, although i understand cheaper isnt always better!!!

Lottie

sounds like a good deal, i have heard of people paying almost twice that.

Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

that sounds cheap......

booboo
Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

our quote is much higher with dorree bonner...
Go with that quote, it does sound like a good deal

booboo
Old Oct 14th 2003, 8:22 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Just sent youa pm Lottie hope you don't mind
Debbie
Old Oct 14th 2003, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Default Shipping quote

Hi

Although our quote was for Brisbane door to door it came in at £2005 inc VAT for 400 cu ft The company was Simpsons web address www.simpsons-uk.com they have an online estimate facility.

All the best

Last edited by scotvness; Oct 14th 2003 at 9:49 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 9:44 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

Originally posted by cresta57
Just sent youa pm Lottie hope you don't mind
Debbie
hi debbie,

tried sending you a pm but your message box is full,

We are just off yarborough road near the trawl, its a good quote we got and convienent too so we arent going to keep tormenting ourselves getting other quotes, when are you going to nz, where abouts, what work do you and hubby so?

ooh my im full of questions, what a small world huh...

Lottie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point

TiggerLottie
As we're not too far away in Award winning Hull, have you tried Appleyards of East Yorkshire?
They're part of the Britannia group and so far, we've been delighted with their professional approach and flexibility, we've had to change the packing up date 3 times already, with no hassle.
Thought the price you have had quoted was good, but as a comparison, ours is £3250 for a 20 foot container, all in- sounds a lot but I've checked the capacity of the container which is 1,140 cubic feet. A price equivalent to £2.80/cu.ft that compares to your quote of £5.40/cu/ft
Of course you have to take into consideration the fact that you're going further than us, ours is going to Brisbane; and that you will be sharing a container with other goods which might hike the price up as well, but thought it an interesting comparison. Appleyards Number is:
01482 221898 or
www.britannia-mover.co.uk
Appleyards E-Mail address is [email protected]
Good luck!
Cheers
Marc.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:33 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

hi debbie,

tried sending you a pm but your message box is full,

We are just off yarborough road near the trawl, its a good quote we got and convienent too so we arent going to keep tormenting ourselves getting other quotes, when are you going to nz, where abouts, what work do you and hubby so?

ooh my im full of questions, what a small world huh...

Lottie

Hi Lottie
Going North of Brissie, hopefully in about a fortnight. It cost us £500 to ship 10 boxes so we were happy at that. Hubby is a brickie and I drive for a local chemist shop delivering precriptions so if you see my little white van with a chemist beginning with p then give me a wave I deliver near the trawl.
Debbie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:34 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

Originally posted by cresta57
Hi Lottie
Going North of Brissie, hopefully in about a fortnight. It cost us £500 to ship 10 boxes so we were happy at that. Hubby is a brickie and I drive for a local chemist shop delivering precriptions so if you see my little white van with a chemist beginning with p then give me a wave I deliver near the trawl.
Debbie
OMG debbie,

you came to my house the on friday, to deliver my father in laws prescription, i couldnt find the money, but then borrowed it from my daughter, my son asked you if you were going to australia...not sure if ya remember, we live down yarrow road on the corner.....

will have to meet up
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:37 pm
WBB

OMG debbie,

you came to my house the on friday, to deliver my father in laws prescription, i couldnt find the money, but then borrowed it from my daughter, my son asked you if you were going to australia...not sure if ya remember, we live down yarrow road on the corner.....

will have to meet up

it is a small world!

Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:41 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

Originally posted by welshboybilly
it is a small world!
sure is billy,

i remeber her because she was wearing a green fleece that had australia on it with badges and my son said are you from australia and debbie said no but im going soon, and my hubby piped up in the background...you can tell her your going to NZ and i said shut up, not telling strangers that come to the door.....well what do ya know LOL not a stranger any longer heehee

tigger
Old Oct 16th 2003, 9:54 am
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Lottie

I had a quoted for about that price but for 315cft. 2 infact...1 from PSS and the other from John Masons.

Rob
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:19 am
Just Joined

fmrl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Foggies
Appleyards Number is:
01482 221898 or
www.britannia-mover.co.uk
Appleyards E-Mail address is [email protected]
Good luck!
Cheers
Marc.
AVOID Britannia Appleyards, I had a really bad experience with them. My move was a nightmare from beginning to end and when things go wrong they just ignore you.