Reload this Page >

Shipping question

Shipping question

Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping question

Hi all.
We are off in August and we are leaving nearly everything behind except personal things, photo's and the kids toys as we want them to feel settled as soon as possible.
We have asked the people we hope to move with about a couple of things and we got a webpage which really did not make much sense.

My questions are:

1.Are you allowed to take wooden photo frames into Australia or is it best to take the pictures out?

2. Are they funny about soft toys e.t.c due to the lining carrying bugs e.t.c

3. Are they fine with all types of toys i.e board games e.t.c

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping question

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi all.
We are off in August and we are leaving nearly everything behind except personal things, photo's and the kids toys as we want them to feel settled as soon as possible.
We have asked the people we hope to move with about a couple of things and we got a webpage which really did not make much sense.

My questions are:

1.Are you allowed to take wooden photo frames into Australia or is it best to take the pictures out?

2. Are they funny about soft toys e.t.c due to the lining carrying bugs e.t.c

3. Are they fine with all types of toys i.e board games e.t.c

Thanks in advance
1) Picture frames are fine, just declare them as "wooden picture frames"
2) Soft toys are only a problem if they are very old ones - such as teddy bears stuffed with straw - and sand-filled toys may be an issue. Modern fillings are fine.
3) No problem at all.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Thanks very much Pollyanna thats great.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
1) Picture frames are fine, just declare them as "wooden picture frames"
2) Soft toys are only a problem if they are very old ones - such as teddy bears stuffed with straw - and sand-filled toys may be an issue. Modern fillings are fine.
3) No problem at all.

Hi again.
Just had a nasty thought. was clearing out the loft the other week and i found my 36 year old teddy which I would never part with (14 years and he will be antique . Do you know the problem with these old teddies and what they do with them as I am sure customs would know he was old and would not want to risk just "quietlty taking him in".

Thansk James.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi again.
Just had a nasty thought. was clearing out the loft the other week and i found my 36 year old teddy which I would never part with (14 years and he will be antique . Do you know the problem with these old teddies and what they do with them as I am sure customs would know he was old and would not want to risk just "quietlty taking him in".

Thansk James.
How about my teddy that is now 31 years old, i've had him since i was born, can i take him in my hand luggage coz there is no way what so ever i could put him in a container or even in my suitcase Yes and i know i'm a wuss before anyone says anything
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by vickys
How about my teddy that is now 31 years old, i've had him since i was born, can i take him in my hand luggage coz there is no way what so ever i could put him in a container or even in my suitcase Yes and i know i'm a wuss before anyone says anything
You are not a wuss. I am attached to very little and he is 1 of only a handful of things that I have had all my life .
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickys
It really depends on what the bears are stuffed with. If they are straw stuffed then AQIS will not let them in, they will charge you to treat them or destroy them. Treating can destroy elderly items as they just don't survive it. Doesn't matter whether you take them as hand luggage or container, its just a no-no to import straw. Check out what stuffing old bears have before you pack them!