Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping the pets

Shipping the pets

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping the pets

Originally Posted by homewardbound
There's about 3 threads on shipping pets on the first 2 pages... take a look.

Most of us have found that airlines prefer shipping agents to deal with the process and you will find it hard to book your pet onto a flight without an agent.

I have had a quote for £1250 for a small dog plus quarantine and blood tests.

That sounds very reasonable, we have a little cavalier king charles spaniel. Who was the quote with?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bev1
i've been qutoted around £2300 with quarantine blood tests flights etc , and thats for a shih tzu, that was with air pets, can anyone reccommend and agent????
I've also got a shih tzu and i'm using overhill kennels in Bristol, i've been quoted £1,100 plus vet's bill for blood test etc and i've to pay the quarantine which i'm not sure of the price yet.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by missyv
Just to continue on from this chat. can you visit your dog as many times as you want when they are in quarantine or is it restricted?
Thanks
You can visit twice a week on a Tuesday and a Thursday but when you meet your dog handler you can arrange other days when they will give you an excercise yard for an hour. This is far better and you can really enjoy your dog as when you go on the normal times you cant use the excercise yards.

Mick
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:55 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Just to continue on from this chat. can you visit your dog as many times as you want when they are in quarantine or is it restricted?
Thanks
different quarantine stations have different opening days/times - where are you heading?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:58 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bev1
i've been qutoted around £2300 with quarantine blood tests flights etc , and thats for a shih tzu, that was with air pets, can anyone reccommend and agent????
air pets seem a lot more expensive than other companies - did anyone else find the same?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

What are you doing on here Tiggs I didn't know you were taking a dog, what sort is it? Not even thought of this one yet
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

I've just got a quote from Jets4pets for my toy poodle at £1096.23 excl quarantine, vets and delivery to airport ie. take the dog to heathrow with all paperwork in tact i imagine. anyone used jets4pets/?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

missyv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
different quarantine stations have different opening days/times - where are you heading?
We are heading to melbourne we have got a bullmastiff not the smallest of dogs so not looking forward to getting a quote as I imagine it will be quite a lot. I'm pleased you can visit them does anyone know the rough time they spend in quarantine I have read between 30 days and 6 months is this right?
thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

We are heading to melbourne we have got a bullmastiff not the smallest of dogs so not looking forward to getting a quote as I imagine it will be quite a lot. I'm pleased you can visit them does anyone know the rough time they spend in quarantine I have read between 30 days and 6 months is this right?
thanks

If you're coming from the UK then it will be 30 days.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:19 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by somme
What are you doing on here Tiggs I didn't know you were taking a dog, what sort is it? Not even thought of this one yet
ooh hi somme - i have a black lab/staffie cross
i already have three quotes for her shipping and it is going to cost more than the flights for the 5 of us!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:28 pm
sneaking a peek ...

thanks
Quarantine for dogs from the uk is 30 days.
Melbourne quarantine station (telephone +6139 391 1627) is open to visitors mon-fri 10.30-12.00 and 13.00-16.00.

The cost of shipping is worked out on the size of the dog so a bullmastiff is going to be quite a lot
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:36 am
Just Joined

123swainston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cascrew
Ok, i've tried several agencies, and they charge a small fortune to ship the pet (a small dog in this case). Has anyone shipped out to Oz independently and how easy is it

Lianne
Hi
I'm taking my 2 cats and using Animal Airlines (01625 827414) - Tony is absolutely fantastic - goes through everything with you and tells you what to do and when to do it. You can't actually book a flight independantly anymore (new legislation) Found them cheapest but most importantly the most helpful as all the forms etc can be mind blowing! Does cost alot but I think its worth it.
Sue