shipping out

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:35 pm

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Default shipping out

Hi guys anybody know any companies that deal with shipping my chatels to Sydney, I've got very little stuff to bring really, few clothes couple of stereos and a bike, oh and my golf clubs......whats the best and cheapest way of getting my stuff from uk to OZ, time isn't a factor I'll arrive with what I need to survive......
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:46 pm
T&P
Forum Regular

T&P is on a distinguished road

Hi there!

If you do a search under shipping you should find lots of posts with opinions etc on various shippers.

I am going through this myself at the moment and have had quotes from crown/pss/john mason and excess baggage.

You will be quoted by the cuft We have estimated 300cuft which is just bedroom furniture and personal belongings ie: cds/books/clothes/bedding and the like. the quotes we have had are as follows: -

Crown - £1998
PSS - £1461
John Mason - £1545
Excess Baggage - £1457

Good luck.

By the way where in Sydney are you off to?

T x
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 1:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya John,
If Iwas doing it again, I'd probably use John Mason's - gave me good quotes (but I ended up using a local firm who subcontracted to ***** ********. Promise me not to use them!)
I also used Excess Baggage for some last minute air freight, and they were very good - might be worth looking at them too.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:00 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Forum buddy Loose just shipped some stuff with Seven Seas http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/uk/

He had about 5 boxes in all - clothes, CDs, documents, general junk Can't remember what he paid, but it wasn't a lot. It should be with him in 8 weeks, so we'll find out how he got on then.