Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Medicines

Shipping Medicines

Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:56 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping Medicines

Hello,
Can anyone tell me whether you are able to ship medicines? Need to tackle that cupboard full of age-old lemsips and paracetamol!

Realistically it's quite a lot of money so can I pack and ship them?

Thanks,
Emma.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 7:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The Australian Customs Service form, on which you have to declare the stuff your shipping, has a space for medicines - prescribed or otherwise, so just declare them on there. I'm taking stuff that I use over here, like Beechams Powders, and antihistamines, to keep me going till I find stuff out there that suits me.
I've been through Customs there with antibiotics in the past, and declared them and they had no problem with it.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 7:28 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pol,
We are sending some baggage (air freight) with you pack we ship and they haven't given us any forms. Just told us to make an inventory.

Think will have to give them a call.....
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma,

The people I'm shipping my stuff with said I'll need to fill one of these in -

http://www.customs.gov.au/resources/Files/b534.pdf

They should've given it to you, but you can print it off the website.