Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

recommend a migrant agent

recommend a migrant agent

Old Oct 4th 2003, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Alastair Rhodes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation recommend a migrant agent

The rhodes family are hopefully decending upon brisbane in about 18 months time. Can anyone recommend a migrant agent to use for the visas?
My wife is a nurse,so there should'nt be many problems. We have looked at countless adverts and websites and they all promise the earth.
Can people please give thier experiences, good and bad, to help us make this first step,in securing our future.

thanks

Alastair
Old Oct 4th 2003, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: recommend a migrant agent

Alistair

We have used Go Matilda and Alan Collett, Glenn Newton and John Slyvester (based in the UK) have been excellent.

If you go back into archive threads theres been lots of debate on this and also George Lombard is another with a good reputation.

I'd steer clear of Global Visas, most people think there crap but Rach (nosuckluck) hasn't had a problem with them so far.

Jo
Old Oct 4th 2003, 12:29 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

I would agree with steve n jo, Go matilda have been great so far and i can't see that changing. George Lombard also gets good posts
Good luck
Old Oct 4th 2003, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

zuluz is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just been granted our visa's and used George Lombard who we found extremely good.

Rob
Old Oct 4th 2003, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Go Matilda and Allan Collette.

Whisky
Old Oct 4th 2003, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Alastair Rhodes
The rhodes family are hopefully decending upon brisbane in about 18 months time. Can anyone recommend a migrant agent to use for the visas?
My wife is a nurse,so there should'nt be many problems. We have looked at countless adverts and websites and they all promise the earth.
Can people please give thier experiences, good and bad, to help us make this first step,in securing our future.

thanks

Alastair
Hi Alastair,
we are using Global Visas, they promise a 'no visa, no fee' and although they are doing there job we have had to keep chasing them, but hey hopefully it'll be worth it! in hindsight, we would've used Go Matilda!
best of luck
rach

Old Oct 4th 2003, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

markcrute is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks

Alastair
Go matilda get the thumbs up from us
weve certainly had no problems

mark
Old Oct 4th 2003, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

we are using go matilda and have found both alan collet (based in australia) and john sylvester (based in uk) to be very helpful. would happily suggest them
Old Oct 4th 2003, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Rhodes clan,
I used Australian migration consultants in London,couldn't ask for more.Darren Good-Giles,every time I had the daftest of questions I rang him.Always there and cheery must of thought "what the hell now"as I did have some real howlers.
His address:[email protected] this is of some use.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 9:46 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

Alastair
The first step I'd take is to ask whether or not you need a migration agent? Your wife being a nurse means you are on the top requirements list. Unless you have special circumstances then save yourself the money. Theres a lot of paperwork but its all fairly straightforward. The TRA is the hardest (well actually the waiting is the hardest). Good luck with it. If you want to see more on this use the search facilities and look in the archives
Old Oct 4th 2003, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HUP
The first step I'd take is to ask whether or not you need a migration agent? Your wife being a nurse means you are on the top requirements list. Unless you have special circumstances then save yourself the money. Theres a lot of paperwork but its all fairly straightforward. The TRA is the hardest (well actually the waiting is the hardest). Good luck with it. If you want to see more on this use the search facilities and look in the archives

I'd have to agree with HUP here,do you really need an agent? I'm a nurse and from my first piece of paperwork going in,my PR was in my passport within 2 months!! There's a fair bit of form filling but nothing too taxing and just think of the money saved which you could spend on a relaxing weekend on the beach sipping champagne!!!! You'll also get pretty good advice from folk on this site who've been through the whole process themselves.
Good luck
Fi
Old Oct 4th 2003, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by weefi
I'd have to agree with HUP here,do you really need an agent? I'm a nurse and from my first piece of paperwork going in,my PR was in my passport within 2 months!! There's a fair bit of form filling but nothing too taxing and just think of the money saved which you could spend on a relaxing weekend on the beach sipping champagne!!!! You'll also get pretty good advice from folk on this site who've been through the whole process themselves.
Good luck
Fi
whilst i would be the first to agree that you can get a lot of super and really helpful advice here on the site...i would also say that my personal reasons for choosing an agent are that as the australian government can be really precise about the application...is it worth applying without an agent??? for us we hope it to be money worth spent. still it is up to you and your decision depending on your situation. good luck whatever you decide
Old Oct 5th 2003, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks

Alastair

Hi Alastair,
We used Concept Australia (Manchester) Steve and Martin there were very helpful and they are a lot cheaper than most, although I would agree with HUP that nurses are at the top of the list, save the money and do it yourself you will find that you have to do all the hard work yourself anyway and there are plenty of nurses on this forum who will point you in the right direction i'm sure.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 9:19 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunny_samantha
whilst i would be the first to agree that you can get a lot of super and really helpful advice here on the site...i would also say that my personal reasons for choosing an agent are that as the australian government can be really precise about the application...is it worth applying without an agent??? for us we hope it to be money worth spent. still it is up to you and your decision depending on your situation. good luck whatever you decide
Yes they are precise about what they want but if you read the forms carefully there really isn't a problem. The TRA was definitley the hardest part for us but if you approach it logically its not to hard