Shipping Luggae

Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Luggae

Has anyone shipped over extra luggae from Uk to OZ - I need to ship over a couple of diving things from UK (Not tanks) and the wifes shoes. Just wanted an idea on the best way to do this ?
Old Apr 7th 2006, 10:03 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Shipping Luggae

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Has anyone shipped over extra luggae from Uk to OZ - I need to ship over a couple of diving things from UK (Not tanks) and the wifes shoes. Just wanted an idea on the best way to do this ?
I used Excess Baggage Company from UK to NZ to send about 9 boxes including a guitar and other musical eqpt - no problems at all with them. But I would take your diving stuff with you in case you want to stop over anywhere tropical......

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Apr 7th 2006, 10:51 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping Luggae

Contact your airline. They will ship excess baggage and prebooking it may mean it is cheaper, depends how they feel it seems. We bought a large flight case (and I mean large) back from a Valencia test recently and got charged about £300 . Other times we've not been charged anything.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping Luggae

It depends on what you want to bring exactly. What are you talking about? We brought some diving equipment with us as we had a holiday en-route to Oz. Some flight companies will accept sporting equipment as additional weight allowance, however, others won't. My hubbie took a small air cyclinder for his SMB (which got many suspicious looks from check in staff), fins, mask, snorkel, bcd, wetbag, goodie bag etc.

Air NZ were pretty mean. I guess it's 'cos we also had a 3yr old with car seat & pusher. However, a bit of, 'discussion' & clever packing brought the price down!!!