Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping items....

Shipping items....

Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of
Default Shipping items....

Does anyone know if you can ship items that are already boxed but are bigger than tea chest boxes? I have looked on Excess baggage but we would like to ship a kids pool table that we bought for the kids last Xmas and then felt they were a bit too young. It has never been out of the packaging and wondered if we could ship it as it is?

Thanks in advance

Nic
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping items....

Originally Posted by Nic938
Does anyone know if you can ship items that are already boxed but are bigger than tea chest boxes? I have looked on Excess baggage but we would like to ship a kids pool table that we bought for the kids last Xmas and then felt they were a bit too young. It has never been out of the packaging and wondered if we could ship it as it is?

Thanks in advance

Nic
Hi,

We are using PSS to ship our boxes. My boyfriend is a tiler and we asked them if we could ship separately one of his large tile cutters which is in it's own hard case and they have said that's fine and it's costing us about £30 to do it.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wilso16
Hi,

We are using PSS to ship our boxes. My boyfriend is a tiler and we asked them if we could ship separately one of his large tile cutters which is in it's own hard case and they have said that's fine and it's costing us about £30 to do it.
Cheeky question how much are PSS charging you per box to ship roughly? Does it matter what is in the boxes for eg. a portable tv - I know don't ask. Is it worth it but the kids love it as it is a "Disney Pixar Cars" one, would probably get a fortune off ebay for it

Nic
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:57 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance

Nic
I have just shipped some stuff throhg seven seas and I used my own boxes that were larger than tea chests - the only stipulation that they gave me was that the boxes were not allowed to weigh more than 35kg each and that one man needed to be able to move them.

the largest of my boxes was a 'bike box' - about 20cm wide and 80cm high and about 130cm long. It was filled with some art/framed pictures a guitar and some other bits and pieces!

I was sure it was more than 35kg but I helped the courier driver get it to the truck and its now on its way - no problems!!

the other things to remember is that shipping is by volume - so if the box has lots of gaps in it - packing etc - it might be worth trying to squeeze a few light clothing items in there! thats what I did and probably got an extra 50kg overall by using jumpers and t-shirts for packing rather than bubble wrap etc - I didn't want to pay to ship air and plastic from one side of the world to the other!

A
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

Cheeky question how much are PSS charging you per box to ship roughly? Does it matter what is in the boxes for eg. a portable tv - I know don't ask. Is it worth it but the kids love it as it is a "Disney Pixar Cars" one, would probably get a fortune off ebay for it

Nic
It was £110 for the first two boxes and then £30 thereafter. Doesn't matter what you put in them but they can't weigh more than 30kgs each.
You just have to list what is in each box.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks "A" and Wilso, much clearer now on what to do. Will phone both companies and sort it out.

Good luck to both of you and thanks again.

Nic