shipping HELP!

Old Jul 17th 2006, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all
Default shipping HELP!

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but please help

PSS coming tomorrow to pack our stuff, we have been partying all weekend as just got the visa's on Thursday Looking around the house it doesn't look like we are going anywhere

ALL advice and tips about packing etc URGENTLY required Do people pack alot themselves before shippers come?

Thanks x
Old Jul 17th 2006, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping HELP!

Originally Posted by wren
I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but please help

PSS coming tomorrow to pack our stuff, we have been partying all weekend as just got the visa's on Thursday Looking around the house it doesn't look like we are going anywhere

ALL advice and tips about packing etc URGENTLY required Do people pack alot themselves before shippers come?

Thanks x
The only things we packed ourselves were clothes, and we put computer/hifi etc into their original boxes; when the shippers came we made sure they had as much tea+biscuits as they wanted but otherwise left them to it.
If you have stuff in the house you aren't going to bring make sure it is out of the way as they pack EVERYTHING!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I would echo that, if it aint nailed down, they will pack it. Don't worry, you will be surprised how quickly they do it. I just made sure all the stuff that wasn't going was already out of the house and they will do the rest. Plenty of tea and biscuits and they will be more than happy.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by northernbird
I would echo that, if it aint nailed down, they will pack it. Don't worry, you will be surprised how quickly they do it. I just made sure all the stuff that wasn't going was already out of the house and they will do the rest. Plenty of tea and biscuits and they will be more than happy.
Hi

we are shipping on Wednesday, our stuff is sorted into boxes so we know what is going but am expecting them to pack it properly. Will go and buy some biscuits tomorrow!!

Tracy
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bubbles
Hi

we are shipping on Wednesday, our stuff is sorted into boxes so we know what is going but am expecting them to pack it properly. Will go and buy some biscuits tomorrow!!

Tracy
Our shippers are coming in Thursday. We have temporarily pcked a lot and put it in the shed. I know they will repack but at least it is out of the way. Not sure what to do with the rest of the house as there is a lot of furniture staying for the buyers. Was going to mark everything with tape that is staying. Do you think this is a good idea?

Debs
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

make sure you remove batteries from any appliances/toys/gadgets etc. Remove water from iron, leave fridge-freezer to dry out at least 48 hours before hand and any wardrobes etc or drawers which have knobs or large handles- remove and screw onto the inside to save space for when they pack it. Remove hoover bag. Disinfect soles of shoes that may be packed in container, remove soil from outdoor equipment , fill any drawers that dont have flat clothes in them with linen if your packer allows it.Buy large cololured stickers to code boxes (if packers dont do it for you).

Really obvious but I did not think of these wee things until someone told me.

thanks

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 17th 2006, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

We used PSS and they were very good. You should only pack clothes yourself as everything else they unpack and repack with paper not bubblewrap as they say its crap I repeat what one of the replys said that they will pack everything not nailed down! We lost the cot bed sides which were going to be sold with the cot just before we go and all the table mats and coasters from a table where we had placed some boxes!!

Happy shpping!
Darren