Shipping etc

Old Oct 26th 2010, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

burgerdenc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping etc

Hi guys,

I am looking at moving from Hertfordshire to Perth in May. I'm a little overwhelmed about everything at the moment. Could someone please point me in the direction of how to go about getting stuff shipped (costs etc) - I have a 2 bed house, and won't be taking that much stuff with me - just sofa, beds and books mainly.

Thanks in advance for your help

Debs
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping etc

Hi & welcome!
There are loads of threads on this subject, so well worth you doing a search. Use the advanced search facility to narrow it down.

We used John Masons for shipping & Letton Percival for the insurance. Both were very good.

I suggest that you contact several companies & get them round to give you quotes. Ask them lots of questions & try to get a feel for the company. Make sure you ask about who will deal with your stuff once in Australia & what is & is not included in their price.

If you like a particular company but their price is not so good, negotiate.

Oh & with regard to what you take, take everything. Australia can be expensive & just replacing coat hangers soon adds up!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a couple of good threads on this recently. Have a look at these two:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ping+companies

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ping+companies
Old Oct 27th 2010, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Hi & welcome!

We used John Masons for shipping & Letton Percival for the insurance. Both were very good.
We also used these and agree that they are good.

charlie