Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Postcards from Oz

Postcards from Oz

Old Oct 16th 2010, 12:03 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Postcards from Oz

Thought I'd start a new photos thread since it's my hobby and I like seeing the great photography that others are producing. Let's try and keep the photos fairly recent if possible and an explanation as to where they were taken would be cool. Other than that, fill your boots ...
Old Oct 16th 2010, 12:07 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postcards from Oz

This is my local beach, Seven Mile Beach in South Coast NSW, looking north towards Gerroa. Big storm blowing in, awful rippy surf, but when you have seven miles of amazing beach to yourself it's hard to complain.

This is the view from my office window. South Bondi looking north on a warm spring day.

This one was taken at a place called Drawing Room Rocks in the Barren Grounds reserve in the Shoalhaven. The beach in the distance is Seven Mile, the hill in the background is Mount Coolangatta (which gave its name to the one in QLD), you can just see the town of Berry in the middle and to the right. Far distance is Jervis Bay.

Last edited by Hutch; Oct 16th 2010 at 12:45 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 12:09 pm
Australia's Doorman

Took this not far south of Shellharbour on the back road to Jamberoo.

Virtually the same spot as the above. Oz isn't all red dirt or legoland.

This is Broughton Creek near Berry in the Shoalhaven.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 2:49 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Cracking photos Hutch, really impressed with the last one it's the kind of picture I'd buy to hang on my wall

Thanks for sharing
Old Oct 16th 2010, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pictures. I couldn't possibly post any of my amateurish efforts after that.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 8:55 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Photo 2 in thread #3 made me instantly recall the New Forest, half an hour from where we used to live.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by oz bound
Cracking photos Hutch, really impressed with the last one it's the kind of picture I'd buy to hang on my wall

Thanks for sharing
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Nice pictures. I couldn't possibly post any of my amateurish efforts after that.
Go on - I called the thread Postcards from Oz, not fine art. Love seeing what the country's like where people live.

Originally Posted by Carbery
Photo 2 in thread #3 made me instantly recall the New Forest, half an hour from where we used to live.
Yea, we're on the edge of the Southern Highlands here, which is very reminiscent of parts of the UK.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice

Incredible photos, well done!

Would not dare try and compete with that!
Old Oct 17th 2010, 6:40 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Here's Oscar fetching his own stick
Some flowers in back garden
Spider next to Terrigal lagoon
Attached Thumbnails Postcards from Oz-img_0701.jpg   Postcards from Oz-img_0712.jpg   Postcards from Oz-dsc00270.jpg  
Old Oct 17th 2010, 9:22 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
Incredible photos, well done!

Would not dare try and compete with that!
Thank-you. They were all taken with an iPhone 4 funnily enough. If you have some cool photos you took locally to you, bung 'em up here.

Originally Posted by simnmax
Here's Oscar fetching his own stick
Some flowers in back garden
Spider next to Terrigal lagoon
That one of the spider's great. Loving the pooch too!
Old Oct 17th 2010, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Love the pictures Hutch
Old Oct 17th 2010, 10:18 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

My first 2 where with an iphone 3 & last one with 10 mgp sony compact.
Here's a few off the phone whilst out trucking, you should recognise the first one Hutch, I would think its one of the best sights of your day!
Attached Thumbnails Postcards from Oz-img_0503.jpg   Postcards from Oz-img_0702.jpg   Postcards from Oz-img_0551.jpg  
Old Oct 17th 2010, 10:23 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by simnmax
My first 2 where with an iphone 3 & last one with 10 mgp sony compact.
Here's a few off the phone whilst out trucking, you should recognise the first one Hutch, I would think its one of the best sights of your day!
Hmmm - is that Mount Ousley in the first photo? Like heading down there- means I'm on the home stretch! The ute one with the dogs is great.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 10:42 am
Lancs to central coast

In the truck its the first view you get of the Gong near the lookout, just before the Bulli pass I think, looks much better in real life.
I was going to Barrack Heights that day, is that near you?
Old Oct 17th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

ProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some from around my area on the Great Dividing Range, around 60 to 70km NW of Melbourne.

View north of the range. Hanging Rock (of 'Picnic at Hanging Rock' fame) is on the left in the middle distance. September 2008

Mount Macedon with snow on the top, August 2008.

Taken from a picnic area near the top of the Macedon Range, Christmas Eve 2008.

View of Mount Macedon and some surrounding hills from near New Gisborne, October 2009.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.