Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping a couple of boxes to Oz

Shipping a couple of boxes to Oz

Old May 10th 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Default Shipping a couple of boxes to Oz

Planning on travelling light but would like to ship a couple of boxes to a friend's place in Sydney (yes I know I am going to Brisbane but---.) Can anyone recommend a company they have used - seems to be a huge difference in charges so I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Sue
Old May 10th 2006, 11:48 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping a couple of boxes to Oz

Originally Posted by suebrennan
Planning on travelling light but would like to ship a couple of boxes to a friend's place in Sydney (yes I know I am going to Brisbane but---.) Can anyone recommend a company they have used - seems to be a huge difference in charges so I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Sue
Try www.excessbaggage.com
they do a good job.................... mm
Old May 11th 2006, 12:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Sue
I'm using (well a friend is really) SevenSeas to send last couple of boxes over. Seem to be reliable and reasonably priced.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'm using (well a friend is really) SevenSeas to send last couple of boxes over. Seem to be reliable and reasonably priced.
Yep we used Seven Seas too just the other week, they picked up on time etc and all the cartons and bubble wrap tape and even marker pens were included.
'Just get a firm quote a the start, they overcharged us and when we asked them about it they were very apologetic and refunded straight away.

Old May 11th 2006, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Sue
Bung us a couple of £100 and you can put it in our container!!
Old May 11th 2006, 11:58 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Thanks

Sue

We used excess baggage last year and couldn't recommend them highly enough. If you want a contact name there and a phone number let me know.

Neil.
Old May 11th 2006, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i've shipped 7 medium sized boxes (dvds, computer games, computer) and a tv with excess international. small shipment - took them 1/2 hour to pack it... it's taken them 17 weeks so far and still no sign of delivery despite repeated emails from myself!

sorry wouldn't recommend them at all!
Old May 12th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by YoSemite
i've shipped 7 medium sized boxes (dvds, computer games, computer) and a tv with excess international. small shipment - took them 1/2 hour to pack it... it's taken them 17 weeks so far and still no sign of delivery despite repeated emails from myself!

A huge thank you to everyone who replied. Have gone with excess baggage - 2 of you have used them and are happy with them and that is good enough for me. As an added bonus they are also connected with or at least plugged by the migration agents that I used (1st contact) and I found them great.

Neil - I totally loved your post re Redlands - keep meaning to go back and read it again.

Thanks again everyone

Sue

Old May 12th 2006, 11:53 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

YOse......ask EXCESS who is handling your shipment on this side of the pond, maybe its sitting in a Bond store in Brisbane some were waiting clearences, we sometimes get jobs were the names dont match up with whats on the documentation.
AUST CUSTOMS will not clear any shipments if all paper work is not 100%................mm
Old May 13th 2006, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

oh i know who's got it!!

customs have cleared shipment, had nothing to get cleaned or disposed of... just waiting for "paper work"

excess were just as bad UK side - asked me 3 times for the same bit of information depite the fact i'd emailled it 3 times and had got return receipts for it! totally useless! also mentioned in another post that the woman Uk side who was dealing with my inquiry would phone me, leave a message (cos i didn't always answer my uk phone) and when i would call her STRAIGHT back she would pretend it wasn't her and say she was in a meeting and was likely to be all day! awful!

shippers have said that stuff might get delivered next week (after 18 weeks) but no promises! hmmmmm
Old May 13th 2006, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: Shipping a couple of boxes to Oz

oh i know who's got it!!

customs have cleared shipment, had nothing to get cleaned or disposed of... just waiting for "paper work"

excess were just as bad UK side - asked me 3 times for the same bit of information depite the fact i'd emailled it 3 times and had got return receipts for it! totally useless! also mentioned in another post that the woman Uk side who was dealing with my inquiry would phone me, leave a message (cos i didn't always answer my uk phone) and when i would call her STRAIGHT back she would pretend it wasn't her and say she was in a meeting and was likely to be all day! awful!

shippers have said that stuff might get delivered next week (after 18 weeks) but no promises! hmmmmm
Are excess international and excess baggage one and the same??? I would be majorly peed off if I was in your shoes.

Sue

Sue