Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another question about what you can take

Another question about what you can take

Old May 11th 2006, 11:32 pm
Can't happen quick enough

David and Lynsey will become famous soon enoughDavid and Lynsey will become famous soon enough
Question Another question about what you can take

I know it's a stupid question but can you take a vacuum cleaner?
Old May 11th 2006, 11:51 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another question about what you can take

yes - but make sure it is thoughly cleaned as it will be checked.
Old May 11th 2006, 11:56 pm
Can't happen quick enough

David and Lynsey will become famous soon enoughDavid and Lynsey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by walaj
Thought it might be quite dodgy due to it's purpose! But pays to check.
Old May 12th 2006, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by walaj
Or just buy a new one before you leave and declare it at customs -that's what I did. I was meant to be cleaning our old DC04 Dyson, had a look in Argos, and got a new DC07 for £150. Have spoken to Pickfords and they reckon it'll get through customs with no charges to pay as it's worth so little

I was damned if I was going to clean every nook and cranny of the old dyson - I had about a week, better things to do with my time lol
Old May 12th 2006, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

We just gave both vacuums a wipe over and removed the bags, and no problems from customs - both boxes had been highlighted on the inventory and opened.
Old May 13th 2006, 1:52 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by galloping gaijin
We just gave both vacuums a wipe over and removed the bags, and no problems from customs - both boxes had been highlighted on the inventory and opened.

They probably just wonted to do a littlecleaning and watch the bugs go around inside (if you have a Dyson that is)

Bye
Mark