Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping costs per size container

Shipping costs per size container

Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping costs per size container

Hi everyone,
Just had a quote last week from PSS for a 20 cu ft container UK to Brisbane and we were quoted £3,600. Have used them before and they were excellent.
As for the other enquiry - my understanding is that if you order a 20 cu ft container and only half fill it you will still pay for a 20 cu ft container!!!

If anyone can beat £3,600 let me know!!!!

Trev
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:07 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

We've been quoted £3700 approx by both Dorree Bonner and Anglo Pacific - Falkirk to either Melbourne or Adelaide, sole use of a 20ft container.
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

VanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by richard-elly
Hello...we just took the opportunity to dump as much stuff as we could in England and only had a quarter of container. All our furniture was stuff that had been given to us when we first met and were poor and were grateful for any handouts....so iy was noy hard to just get rid of it all and buy new out here. Buying new here was not a hassle for us having never had anything new before. We bought furniture that we liked...wow that was so good! Also only having only a quarter of a container gave us the chance to dump all the c**p we had been bought as presents over the years and had to keep them.....and really hated. That fely good! I know I sound mean but sorry it had to go...no room in the container....what a shame...I'm gonna really miss that plastic candle holder auntie Beryl bought us for xmas!!!

We were told, but not sure if it is true...that having only a quarter of a container meant we had to wait for the rest of it to be filled and they could not put a time scale on this. As it was we got all our stuff within 11 weeks for us arriving....but having so little stuff that did not matter to us.
Elly
Hi
can i ask what you took we are also thinking of a container but only want to send a few items lawnmover, dryer and tv and HO's work tools and a couple of boxes not enough to fill even half a container
Thanks
Vanessa.,
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

richard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by VanessaB
Hi
can i ask what you took we are also thinking of a container but only want to send a few items lawnmover, dryer and tv and HO's work tools and a couple of boxes not enough to fill even half a container
Thanks
Vanessa.,
Hi Vanessa

We didn't take anything electrical, apart from my drills for work, all ours were either old or second hand or both. We bought out a leather 3 seater settee [couch as we now have to call it!]and 2 matching chairs. Most of our stuff was books and kids toys. We were really ruthless with our clothes, they fitted in a suitcase each, we have found that the lifestyle here suits us better and my waistline has reduced by 2 holes on my belt, so most of it wouldn't fit now anyway. We used Crown and have no real complaints they were excellent in England packing and not so good this end but they only charged us for the space that we needed. The only potential down side is that you have to wait for the container to be filled. Our stuff was packed a week before we left and arrived about 8 weeks after we landed. We now have 2 of every kitchen utensil!
Hope this rambled message helps
Richard
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Hi Evryone,

We had Crown Relo in two weeks ago to wrap & pack for us. They were excellent, very professional yet friendly. We had sole use of a reefer container, cost £3,364 including insurance and all customs fees etc. Obviously we haven't had the full service yet as we haven't arrived in Perth yet but so far no complaints.

Cheers.
Old May 23rd 2006, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

VanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to allVanessaB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by richard-elly
Hi Vanessa

We didn't take anything electrical, apart from my drills for work, all ours were either old or second hand or both. We bought out a leather 3 seater settee [couch as we now have to call it!]and 2 matching chairs. Most of our stuff was books and kids toys. We were really ruthless with our clothes, they fitted in a suitcase each, we have found that the lifestyle here suits us better and my waistline has reduced by 2 holes on my belt, so most of it wouldn't fit now anyway. We used Crown and have no real complaints they were excellent in England packing and not so good this end but they only charged us for the space that we needed. The only potential down side is that you have to wait for the container to be filled. Our stuff was packed a week before we left and arrived about 8 weeks after we landed. We now have 2 of every kitchen utensil!
Hope this rambled message helps
Richard
Hi Richard

Hope you dont mind me asking but how much did it cost? The only reason we are bringing the electrical things is they are less then a year old and seems silly not to bring them the rest of our furniture is quite old so giving to family we have already gone through most of the clothes and sent them to oxfam and the kids just want their computers and music Cd's ho and the girls cuddly Teddy's. We are staying with our cousin when we get there and she is buying bits in the sales for us which is really good so not bringing much really so it wont matter how long it takes.
Regards
Vanessa.