Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping co's again!!!

Shipping co's again!!!

Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Shipping co's again!!!

Well I've got the quotes in:
Abels £7634
John Mason £6650
PSS £6488
Doree Boner £6333
Crown £7895

This is for a 40ft container and I'm stuck now as who to go with. They all seemed nice enough, nice well presented surveyors, but which one is the best, does anyone have any thoughts, my head spinningbig time now, this decision is harder than getting the visa
Any advice most welcome please, I've read a lot of the posts on here about shipping but its still a tough decision.
Andrea
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: Shipping co's again!!!

It would be the cheapest for me, but if you have no money worries - John Mason were very good when we shipped ours, we got it cheap tho because at the time, hubby had a mate working for them! which does help

Bluekipper
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:24 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Your quotes seem really expensive, we were quoted 4485 by Britannia for a 40footer! (3421 for 20foot)
It wasn't ages ago either. Is Biggleswade remote? (sorry pants at Geography!)

Had a look at Google maps, it seems quite close to Bedworth... Is that right?

Personally I'd have to shop somemore! Not guaranteeing that the quote will get any better, but it has to be worth a try....

Ali
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

we just had a quote today from Britania 40 ft £6128 started at £6558 but we haggled with them, by using a cheaper quote from another company.

Hope they are a good company.

Have you looked at insurance yet. Just contacted letton percival and they quoted 1.6% for super cover, which is better then the 3% everybody else quoted.

Good luck with your move
Old Aug 1st 2008, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Thanks for the comments, I had a good feel about the John Mason rep so there looking good at the moment, I'll try and haggle a bit with the price. I will also be going with Lenton Percival as I heard they are the best for insurance.

Biggleswade is between Bedford and Cambridge so we are quite central to a few large towns. I live in Dunton just outside Biggleswade, we dont have gas in our village so i suppose its a bit in the dark ages!!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:10 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We have just shipped (tuesday) with PSS a 40ft container and we paid £4873 it is York to Brisbane. The ship is going from Liverpool. We had 20ft of household goods to pack and a car so I guess it depends if it was a 40ft of household to pack then it would be more as a car doesnt take long to load and no packing involved.

Jo
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:16 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andreak
Well I've got the quotes in:
Abels £7634
John Mason £6650
PSS £6488
Doree Boner £6333
Crown £7895

This is for a 40ft container and I'm stuck now as who to go with. They all seemed nice enough, nice well presented surveyors, but which one is the best, does anyone have any thoughts, my head spinningbig time now, this decision is harder than getting the visa
Any advice most welcome please, I've read a lot of the posts on here about shipping but its still a tough decision.
Andrea
With Crown {uk} you will get Crown {aust} doing your delivery......the others will use either ,Grace ,Wridgways, Kent, Chess or a smaller company depending on who gives them the best rate for delivery................mm
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Graham67 is on a distinguished road

We used Crown a couple of years ago.

Cost was around £6000.00 from Scotland.

They wrecked our leather suite before it even went into the container :curse:. Make sure you properly insure your goods. We were fully refunded for damages. No problems there.

Next they lost our container causing all sorts of problems at the Oz end. It was no fun moving into an empty house with nothing. Cost us thousands of $$$$$$. Crown were not interested at this end!!!!!!!!!!

Think you'll get the idea. Stear clear of Crown

Good luck in the furure
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mr mover
With Crown {uk} you will get Crown {aust} doing your delivery......the others will use either ,Grace ,Wridgways, Kent, Chess or a smaller company depending on who gives them the best rate for delivery................mm
Be aware !, we have just used Kent removals, and now need to claim on insurance, of which we are in a dispute over missing goods.
( john Mason use Kents Oz side)
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:16 am
Just Joined

cczmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Shipping co's again!!!

We used Britannia (be aware this is a group of independent companies I think) - ours were Britannia Bardies based out of Leicester. We have 4 good quality pieces of furniture and they damaged 3 of them! Also managed to damage the house for good measure.

Their insurance offer was derisory but paid up 5 months later. Personally I thought their whole attitude sucked.

AVOID. And make sure you have insurance...
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Leisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura about

We used Doree Bonner, who use Grace this side. Quick fab service, guys could not be more helpful.

The only thing that was broken was a Christmas bauble (and I packed that!)

Haggle, we got £300 off !

Leisa